Phil's Terrible Secret Part 2

The news made me numb through my body. Morning came and we rushed out of bed to fly back to LA. Our bags were packed and I checked everything in both. We got dressed and I called Meadow again. She said everyone's driving to the hospital in Los Angeles. I'm still very shaken up as we prepare to leave Cuba early. Phil and Skip's my best friend brothers. I'd don't know what to do if one of them's hurt. Why did Phil overdose? What was he taking? I haven't spoke to him in a while so I'm very worried. Silent tears formed in my eyes. Bryce kissed my forehead. He honked the rental car as we stepped out of the hotel. We rushed to put our bags in the trunk and I got inside. He took the driver's seat and drove from the parking space. I dazed into the morning sky. My phone buzzed. "Is that her?" Bryce asked, referring to Meadow. I nodded my head no. "It's Simone." I said and answered. "Lizzy, are you ok? Meadow told me Phil was rushed to the hospital." She said. Tears fell from my eyes. "They said he overdosed and I'm so confused. Why would he overdose? He's not the kind to take drugs or anything." I said. She sighed. "Be strong. Your brother is strong and he'll be ok. Sometimes you never know what's going on behind doors." She said. She's right. You never know what's going on in someone's personal life. Maybe Phil was dealing with something hard. It's all my fault I never called to check on him. I wiped my eyes. "Thanks Simone. How are the kids?" I said. She giggled. "They're great! Jace's such a sweetie and Breanna loves to dance and dress up. He played basketball with Zack in the backyard." She told me. I smiled warmly. "Aww! So cute! Can you drop them off around 1? They should come and see Phil." I said. "Ok, sure. Anything you need girl I'm here." She said. I nodded and hung up. Bryce held my hand. "We're almost there, babe." He said. I smiled sadly and kissed his. We finally came to the airport. I quickly got out and took the bags. He did the same, letting me walk in the jet first. My phone buzzed. I sat on the couch and answered. "Hello?" I said. "Lizzy." A voice said. Jasmine. "Yes, Jasmine?" I said. "Are you almost there? Make sure you get the kids though." She asked. I sighed. "Simone will drop them off later and we're on our way. Did the doctor come?" I said. She sniffled. "No. Not yet. Why would he do this to himself?" She said. Her crying voice almost made me cry again. "I'm not sure. Nobody knew what was happening which is the problem. How is dad?" She said. I began to hear Dad freaking out and asking the doctor a million times if he could see him. She calmly said the doctor will be here. I took a deep breath. "I'll be there, ok." I said. "I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip." She said. I scoffed. "Jasmine, my family means more than just some vacation. If this was reversed, I'd know you all will be here for me through this. Phil must've dealt with something hardly and was needing us for help and support. It is why we're coming home because we love him and we'd die if anything happens." I said. She smiled, though I didn't see it. "I'm happy you feel this way." She said. I scoffed. "Of course! He's my brother." I said. "I'll see you there." She said and hung up. I looked down and sighed. I'm honestly afraid of the doctor's answers. Many people who overdose have died a couple times. Especially children too. Since I'm a mother, I should protect our kids from being exposed to drugs, alcohol and the list goes on. "She said anything about the doctor's news?" Bryce asked. "Nope. Not yet." I said. He was much worried about Phil as well. At first, he didn't like Bryce because of what he done and the reason why me and Meadow fought. He finally warmed up to him and grew a tight relationship with everyone. I just hope we'll get there faster.

Two hours later...

I fell asleep on Bryce's shoulder. He shook me gently. I yawned and stretched. "We're here." He whispered softly. I nodded and ruffled my hair. He kissed my cheek. The jet landed and we grabbed our things to leave. My car was parked. I know it's not the time to discuss what it is...well it's a red skyline GTR. I smiled, admiring the car.