The Family Knows

Paul's new house in Santa Barbara🥳💓

It's here, the weekend. I've been honestly dreading this because Bella's been a secret for like two months now. Nobody knows about her except my brothers, Meadow and Lexi plus the girls. Now she is revealed to the outside world so only God knows what happens at Dad's house. I hope Jasmine doesn't think differently toward her due to her rude issues. 12pm struck. Everyone is eating lunch right now because one, we can't be hungry before we leave and two, Jasmine's mashed potatoes are freaking gross. We suffered that nasty Tuesday dinner. The kids ate while watching TV. I stayed in the dining room with Bryce. My eyes were fixated on Bella mostly. She was eating and talking to Breanna. It really takes me back to that day...

We heard Breanna scream loudly. It made my heart skip a beat. Bryce hopped off the couch, hearing her voice. "What's happening?!" He asked frantically. I shrugged. We ran upstairs and walked in Bella's room. Our jaws dropped at the terrifying sight. Jace held Bella's head in his lap as she was shaking uncontrollably. A tear slipped out. I covered my mouth in shock. "PRINCESS!" Bryce yelled worriedly. He carefully turned her to her side and put a pillow behind her head. Jace wrapped his arms around my waist to comfort me. Breanna did the same. How could this happen? How? I snapped out of my thoughts when she slowly stopped shaking. Bryce rubbed her hair. "Bella, can you hear me? Are you ok?" He asked. Her eyes slowly opened. Her face was wet and dry. It seemed like she was crying. What happened? This can't be happening. He kissed her forehead and rubbed her arm. "How many fingers I'm holding up?" He asked, holding up two. She swallowed and coughed a little. "T-t-two." She stuttered. He nodded and pointed to himself. "Who am I?" He asked. "D-d-Dad." She told him. The kids parted from my grasp as I helped Bryce get her off the bed.

I sighed, focusing on the food. "Babe?" Bryce called. I looked up and noticed his concerned look. "Are you ok?" He asked. I quickly nodded and kept eating. He scoffed. "Seriously? I'm your husband, I can tell my wife seem bothered." He said. Bryce is clearly the main person who can see through me...when I lie. I inhaled a deep breath and held his hand. "We have no idea how my parents will perceive Bella. Dad of course will be very welcoming but Jasmine? Not hella sure. She didn't get along with me, Meadow, obviously everyone before. And to top that our babygirl is dealing with seizures and they don't know." I told him. He cupped my face, kissing my lips. I melted in the kiss. It felt super warm and good. We parted. "That's why we're bringing her. It's the whole point because she was a secret for two months. Bella kept her condition a secret long before we adopted her. Your family is full of amazing people that love you and the kids. We'll explain everything and they'll understand. I got your back." He said softly. My nerves officially calmed down. I sighed happily. "Thank you. Thanks Bryce." I whispered. He smiled and hugged me. I hugged back. A pair of arms wrapped around our waists. Blonde curls are thrusted on my shoulder. Jace. "Mom, Dad can we visit grandma and grandpa now? Please!" He begged. I laughed and parted. Bella cheered excitingly. "Yeah can we? I can't wait to meet Paul Walker!" She squealed. She is a true fan of the Fast franchise which makes me ecstatic to see her reaction once she sees Dad. I smiled. "Yes. Let's go." I said. We finished eating and threw our bowls into the sink. Bryce honked the car as we stepped out of the house. The kids raced to get inside. Only a matter of time until we listened to music, talking and faces glued on electronics. Here goes nothing...well at least I hope.