"I Stay For You."

Tony's funeral was held out by the lake. Everybody and I mean everybody was there. His family and his daughter too. I hope someday she'll know how incredible her dad was and still is. I was wearing a black funeral dress and watched Pepper put a wreath of flowers down the lake in memory of Tony. I was next to Steve. I cried enough tears once we gathered around. It really felt awful knowing Nat isn't here. They're both not here anymore. But I'm truly thankful Valerie was on my right. She held my hand while Steve's arm wrapped around my waist. I said my goodbye, to him and Nat as well. After the funeral, we wandered around. The Guardian gang was getting ready to leave. Valerie told me she had to go somewhere. I just hope she won't get snatched again. I was with Steve, Bruce, Bucky and Sam. Steve was in his time-travel suit, prepared to put the stones back where they came from. Now that Thanos is gone, he'll never get them. I suddenly remembered what happens in this part. I gulped. I distanced myself from everybody. I went to the lake and sat on the bench. Tears formed in my eyes. I don't want Steve to go. These people are my second family. My first...has always been Meadow, Alyssa and Val and everyone else. They're not my second family just because I'm bionic. Tears stained on my eyes. I began to hear the guys panicking. Oh man, what's going on now? Hope Bruce didn't mess up the machine this time. I looked to my right.
Everything looked fine. But Steve didn't came back. I sighed and kept crying. It happened. "Lizzy?" A voice said. I turned around. My jaw dropped. Steve was still his younger self! He was supposed to turn himself back to old. My eyes couldn't...I can't believe. Sam walked up to us. "You came back." He said. I nodded in agreement. He smiled. "Yeah. For one person." He said. His hand intertwined with mine. His blue eyes was glimmering. The same beautiful glimmer. I smiled. "I stay for you." He said. I sighed. "Steve...why?" I asked. "The day I went to see Peggy, I told her about you. She really liked you. She wanted me to find you. I'll always have her in my heart but I also really love you. I told you I won't ever go. I keep my word. You already lost two people you cared about so much. I'm not gonna be that person. I'm gonna be somebody you love so much." He said. I smiled widely. Sam smiled. "I'm happy for you two." He said. We hugged. "We can be friends with benefits." I whispered. He nodded. We kissed passionately. I now realized Valerie hasn't came back. Oh shit. "I'm gonna go look for Valerie." I said. He nodded. I got off the bench and went to find her. Bucky gave me a smile. I returned the gesture.

******

My eyes couldn't believe what I was seeing. Valerie was talking to Thor near the lake. I smirked. This is exactly why she went somewhere...so she can get the God of Thunder's number. She smiled. "Its a date?" She said. He stared at her for a minute. She kissed his cheek. My jaw dropped. "A date." He said. She smirked. "See ya God of Thunder." She said. He returned the gesture. "See you too beautiful." He said. I immediately super speeded and hid behind the bush. She walked away, leaving him by the lake. I stood behind the bush as she walked passed it. I followed behind her. "BOO!" I said. She quickly jumped and screamed a little. I laughed. She laughed and punched my arm. "The hell is wrong with you?" She asked. I smirked. "Now you know how it feels when people scare me." I said. She sighed. "I saw you and Thor." I teased. She scoffed. "No idea what you're talking about." She said. I stared her down. She can't handle if I do that. She groaned. "Fine. I liked him for a while." She admitted. I smiled widely. "Aww! I think you guys are cute." I said. She chuckled. "Tell me that once we're official." She said. I chuckled nervously. "Just tell him to dress up and shave because he look like somebody's alcoholic grandpa." I said. She laughed. I did the same. "What about you and Steve?" She asked. I sighed. "We're just friends...with benefits." I said whispering the last part. She scoffed. "Yeah right. I doubted you could date a boy from a band. But you and Steve...endgame." She said. I rolled my eyes. "In case you missed it, I'm with Bryce." I said. She nodded, smirking. "True. Your mind says it. Body says otherwise..." She said, walking pass me. I watched her leave. I caught up to her. "You excited to come home? Everybody never stop thinking of you." I said. She shrugged. "Not sure. You have your birth family and sisters, I'm not ready to meet them yet. We just got done fighting the biggest threat to earth. It took much for us to finally see each other. I'm not even ready to see everyone's reaction. I just wanna see my parents and my brothers." She said. I smiled. "I know. I'm not rushing you to meet my birth family. I always imagined coming home with you after I found you. At the same time now, I'm so proud of how grown you gotten. No more leaving each other." I said. She smiled and we hugged. "Thank you." She whispered. We parted. She smiled. "Got a car? We need a ride home." She said. I smirked. "I don't know. Least you can fly and I'm fast." I said. She smirked. "Are you saying what I think you're saying?" She asked. I laughed. "Race you to mom's house!" I said. She laughed and flew up in the air. "Wait a minute." I said. She nodded. I super speeded and found Steve by himself on the bench. I smiled. I super speeded up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He chuckled and saw me. "Just wanna say bye." I said. He smiled and kissed my lips. "Bye sweet." He whispered. I giggled. "See ya Rogers." I said. I super speeded to where Valerie was sitting on the roof. I looked at her. She was on her phone. I smirked deviously. "Bye bye!" I yelled, super speeding onto the road. Her jaw dropped.
"No way! You're going down!" She said, flying after me. I laughed. I'm so grateful and thankful for being in this second family, even with Valerie.

******

We made it to mom's house and guess who got there first? This supergirl! Valerie groaned and flew back to the ground. "Not fair. Clever beats fast." She said. I scoffed. "Cmon, it was obvious. Flying's a bit slower when you race." I said. She smirked. "Says the girl who liked fast and furious so much." She said. I laughed. "Exactly! Fast!" I said. She chuckled. We faced our family's house. I looked at Valerie. She looked pretty nervous. I held her hand. She smiled and squeezed it. We walked to the doorstep. I rang the doorbell. It took a minute till the door opened. We saw mom. She smiled, looking at me. "Hey hon." She said. We hugged. I smiled. "Hey mom. I have somebody you been waiting to meet." I said. Her eyes diverted to Valerie. She smiled shyly. "Hi. Mommy." She said. Mom began studying her face. A tear naturally came down her cheek. She took a deep breath. "Valerie?" She whispered. She slowly nodded. "Yeah. Its me." She said. Happy tears formed in mom's eyes. "You're...you're alive?" She whispered. I nodded. A tear naturally came down Valerie's cheek. They instantly shared a hug. I smiled. Makes me feel great and happy my sister's reunited with our family. I joined the hug. The hug lasted about 2 minutes. We parted. Mom wiped her eyes and smiled. "Come in!" She said. We chuckled and walked inside to surprise dad, Grant and Hunter. My family's a beautiful whole now, its now complete cause of Valerie.

******

Valerie Knoche