Photograph Part 3

'Keep me inside the pocket of your ripped jeans, holding me closer where our eyes meet, you won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home'

I woke up by the smell of bacon and eggs. The smell filled the air. I groaned and rubbed my eyes. I got off the couch and did my morning routine. I left the bathroom and walked in the kitchen. Rebecca was cooking breakfast. She smiled. "Good morning! I made your plate!" She said. The filled plate was on the dinner table. I chuckled. "Thanks." I said. I sat on the table and began eating. Today was my last day with her. I should make it the best and act as if...I was never adopted. I smiled. "Rebecca? How about we go swimming? You know? Its a family thing." I said. She shrugged. "I don't know, hon. I haven't swum in a while." She said. I nodded. "That's fine. I have a home video camera, we can make great memories because its my last day with you and I want it to be amazing." I said. She looked at me in awe. "Ok, lets go." She said. I jumped and cheered. She chuckled. Thankfully, I had a swimsuit in my bag. "Let me go change." I told her. She nodded. "I have to change too." She said. We finished breakfast and went to get dressed.

*****

We were at the beach. Rebecca had my camera and smiled. "Here's my little girl swimming out there!" She said. I was in the ocean, swimming around. I made splashes and laughed. I kicked some onto her. She jumped and laughed as well. "Come join mom!" I said. My eyes flashed after I said that word. I called her...mom. Well, she's always been my birth mom. She asked someone to hold the camera as she ran to the ocean. She made splashes and I did the same. I splashed water at her. She looked at me in shock. "What? You're on!" She joked. I laughed and we started a water fight. The person chuckled while filming the whole thing. Rebecca playfully carried me like I was 2. She dropped me onto the ocean, making me laugh. We both went underwater and swam around each other. We held our breaths as fishes swam near or passed us. I smiled. She returned the gesture. We swam closer to hug. Our bodies intertwined and shared a beautiful-wet hug. She rubbed my hair. We parted and swam to the surface. We came out of the water, smiling at each other. I chuckled. "That was so cool!" I said. "You never been underwater?" She asked. I sighed. "To be honest, I used to get scared because of hearing or watching people die from not breathing underwater. And worse...the sharks." I said. She smiled and caressed my cheek. "If I know my daughter, its that she's not scared of anything. You're from the ocean you're not scared of it. You're not afraid to surf either. And sharks are not that common here. You're the most bravest little girl I ever love." She said. I almost teared up. We hugged each other. Rebecca thanked the nice man and took the camera. I smiled. "Just had the best ocean fun with my mom. She's literally the best and sometimes it makes me wish we would've met when I was growing up." I said. She kissed my cheek. "I love you." She said. I chuckled. "You too." I said. I turned off the recording and put the camera back in my bag. "What else we could do?" I asked. She shrugged...till her brain clicked.

*****

Around Hawaii, we grabbed ice cream cones and took walks on the beach. Rebecca indeed told me more stories involving her and dad when they were younger. Not their relationship issues if you know what I mean. I told her stories about everything that happened in my life, even Bryce. She now really likes him which made me laugh. We also went shopping and she found new clothes. I found a couple of outfits for the fall and maybe when its hot again. Our walk continued on the way home. I changed and took a shower for the night. Rebecca cooked dinner and we ate while watching TV. It was my last night here and I'm so happy I had so much fun with her. My mom. We watched another movie till I fell asleep. She kissed my forehead and left to her bedroom.

Early time came and I rubbed my eyes to wake up. I needed to get ready to ride in my jet. I got off the couch and did my morning routine. I took a deep breath. I should let Rebecca know I'm leaving now. I raided my bag and got dressed. I gathered my toothbrush and clothes inside my bag. My phone buzzed. I pulled it out of there and I received a text from Bryce.

My King😍👅: morning, can't wait to see u

I smiled. "All set?" A voice said. I turned and saw Rebecca. Shit, the buzz must've woke her up. "I'm sorry I woke you up." I said. She nodded her head no. "It's ok. I just wanted to make sure you got everything you need." She said. I nodded. "I also wanted to give you something." I said. I zipped open my bag and pulled out two pictures from the scrapbook. It was a photo of me as a baby and Meadow as a baby too. I handed her the photos. She looked at them in awe. Tears almost formed in her eyes. I giggled. "Please don't cry, its ok. You deserve it...just like you deserve to have pieces of your two kids after all you've done to help yourself." I said. She smiled and hugged me. I hugged back tightly. We parted after a minute. "I'll try to come visit." I said. She nodded. "Maybe I'll bring Meadow." I said. She smiled. "I love you." She said. I slightly chuckled and looked down. I took a deep breath. "I love you too. Mom." I said, looking up. I grabbed my bag and walked out the house. The same ride was waiting for me. I got inside and watched it drive away from her house. I do love my mom. My birth mom.

*****

My ride landed back in LA and I came home. I closed the door and heard noises from the TV. It must be Bryce. I walked upstairs to change and take a shower. I was in my pjs and walked in the living room. He saw me and smiled. "Baby!" He said, jumping off the couch. I laughed and hugged him. He hugged back. "I missed you. I know you told me you went to see your birth mom so I made myself occupied." He said. I chuckled. "I can see that. I'm tired from the ride back so I just wanna relax." I said. He nodded. We sat on the couch together with his arm wrapped around my neck. His touch was warm and bubbly. It made me fall asleep peacefully.