Sisters vs. Mom's Ex

"Alright, got your makeup and hair done?" Bryce asked. I laughed and nodded. "Babe, it's only today! Mom isn't a fan of me wearing makeup all the time." I said. He hummed in response. "I don't blame her. Your natural beauty is beautiful." He agreed. My cheeks burned red. I'm visiting Rebecca today with Meadow for mother/daughter bonding. They weren't on rocks last time but I'm glad everything's turning out well between them. Rebecca is in a happy and healthier place. Bryce smiled and kissed me. "Have a good time." He said. I nodded. "You make sure our kids don't burn down the house." I sassed. He scoffed, chuckling. "They'll be fine! I got this completely under control." He said. On cue, their loud voices were heard. "SHUT UP!" Breanna yelled. "YOU SHUT UP BABY!" Jace shouted. I smirked. He smiled sheepishly. "Like I said, completely under control." He told me. I chuckled and patted his shoulder. We shared a kiss. "Kids, come say goodbye to Mom!" He yelled. They rushed downstairs and saw me confusedly. "Where are you going, Mom?" Breanna asked. I chuckled. "To see your second grandma with Aunt Meadow. I'll be back later on." I told them. Jace smiled and shrugged. "Ok! Have fun, and tell grandma we miss her." He said. Awe! So cute! I kissed their foreheads and rubbed Breanna's hair. "Goodbye lovelies." I said. I grabbed my purse and walked out. Bryce waved and closed the door softly. My heart fluttered whenever he does that. It almost makes me wanna stay. I honked my car and got inside to drive off. First my car needs gas so I stopped at the gas station. My phone buzzed. I sighed, putting it on speaker. Meadow's voice was being heard. "Hey, sis!" She said cheerily. I smiled while taking the oil changer off my car. "Hey! What's up?" I asked.
"Nothing much! Can't wait to see Mom!" She squealed. I nodded in agreement. "I know. I'm also glad we don't have to fly off to Hawaii and pay for a flight." I said. She breathed a breath of relief. "Me too." She said. I laughed. "Is Bryce coming?" She asked. Nope due to having two kids at home. I smirked. "No! At home with the kids though I'm entirely convinced something will go wrong." I joked. We laughed a little hard. "True! I miss those little guys." She said. I smiled warmly. "Honestly, I think about having one more kid. Maybe someone around twelve or fourteen. It warms my heart thinking about it all." I said. "Awe! I hope you both consider that decision I mean Bri and Jace are almost in middle school." She said. True, they'll be a little mature and probably won't drive our future child crazy. I nodded in agreement and got in the car. "You on your way there?" I asked. "Yup, see you there." She said and hung up. I started the engine and closed the door. Whoo, changing oil is no joke. I drove from the station and onto the road.

In the beautiful neighborhood, I parked behind Meadow's car in the driveway. Mom's house is so freaking nice. Especially flowers are watered.

Meadow came out of hers and smiled

Meadow came out of hers and smiled. I returned the gesture and hugged. She hugged back.
"How are you?" I asked. "I'm real good! You?" She said. I laughed. "Never been better." I told her. Loud screams were heard in the house. We parted. Meadow looked confused. "What was that?" She asked. I shrugged and more screams yet glass breaking was heard. She gulped, pointing at the house. "It's coming from inside." She said. I nodded in agreement. What's going on? What could really be happening? We rushed to the doorstep and knocked. "Mom! Mom! Are you ok?!" She asked frantically. I huffed and knocked twice. "Mom!" I called. "MEADOW! LIZZY!" Mom screamed. I motioned Meadow to back away. I inhaled a deep breath and kicked the door down swiftly. It shattered in pieces once it hit the ground. She smiled widely. "Blessed you took karate!" She cheered. I almost spoke until mom's screams was heard again. We ran inside and searched the kitchen, dining room and living room. No Mom. Overall, every room look absolute gorgeous.