[ Chapter 17 ]

Dear Aiden,

I don't know how many times I've tried writing this letter. The words that I want to say just won't come out right. I think something bad is going to happen. Something soon. I keep having this nightmare. Please write back.

Love always,

(Y/n) Carter

(Y/n) slipped the parchment in an envelope and walked over to Peanut. "Aiden," she whispered as she scratched behind his ear. She took a deep breath as she walked down from the Owlery back to the Great Hall. It was a muggy kind of day with sounds of thunder bustling through the castle.

Most of the quidditch team was already sitting at the table rummaging through the breakfast food. (Y/n) would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous about today's match.

"Finally!" Oliver said, pulling her towards the table and making her sit down next to Harry and Angelina. "You need to start eating!"

"Ollie, calm down. We're going to be fine. Have you even eaten?"

"Doesn't matter now eat!" He demanded as he threw a muffin on her plate.

(Y/n) picked at her muffin as she tried to take a few deep breaths to help her nerves. She usually mediated before each match but with everything going on she didn't have much time.

"Nervous?" Angelina asked as she took a spoonful of eggs to the mouth.

"A little bit."

It didn't take long for Oliver to have a small panic attack and rush everyone outside of the Great Hall out into the locker room. (Y/n) slipped on her quidditch uniform as she walked out with Angelina and Alicia.

"Slytherins have better brooms then us," Oliver stated as the team crowded around him. "No point denying it. But we've got better people on our brooms. We've trained harder than they have. We've been flying in all weathers-"

"Too true," muttered George. "I haven't been properly dry since August."

"And we're going to make them rue the day they let that little bit of slime, Malfoy, buy his way on the team." Oliver finished as he made his way closer to Harry. "It'll be down to you, Harry, to show them that a seeker has to have something more than a rich father. Get the snitch before Malfoy or die trying-"

"Oliver!" (Y/n) yelled, shaking her head. "Don't put all the pressure on him. You'll do fine Harry."

"We've got to win today, we just got to."

"So, no pressure Harry," Fred said as the team got ready to walk on the pitch.

(Y/n) stood behind Fred as she slowly put her hand on his shoulder, who followed her lead and put his on George.

"Where thoust go," she whispered.

"I will follow," the twins said in unison as the cheers of the crowds grew louder.

(Y/n) mounted her broom and flew up in the air waiting for the whistle that would come from Madam Hooch. Within seconds the quaffle was released and (Y/n) was soaring through the air.

She flew through the air letting the wind guide her broom faster. She spotted Pucey, flying low under him and then coming up, snatching the ball out of his hand. Tightening her grip she threw it to Alicia who passed it off to Angelina. (Y/n) raced next to her as Angelina threw it- catching it she flew closer to the goal post and throwing it in- earning Gryffindor ten points.

She barely had time to celebrate as a bludger came flying past her almost hitting her in the face. Fred rushed to her side hitting it the other way before she had time to react.