[ Chapter 23 ]

(Y/n) sat beside both Fred and George in the Great Hall as the feast began. Lee and Angelina sitting in front of them. She was still a little shaken up about the dementors, but she tried to not let it get to her as Dumbledore took the stand.

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, as you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express. Our school is presently playing host to some of the dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business."

Whispered enter the hall as he continued talking, giving (y/n) an unsettling feeling in her gut.

"They will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds," Dumbledore said looking grim, "And while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not fooled by tricks or disguises-or even Invisibility cloaks. Now on to a happier note I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our rank this year. Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of the Defense Against the Darks Arts teacher."

Claps were heard throughout the hall, as (Y/n) and Harry clapped the hardest for their new professor.

"As to our second appointment," Dumbledore continued. "Well, I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures professor, retired at the end of last year. However, I am delighted to say his place has been filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid,"

The Gryffindor table stood up in cheers- a warm feeling filling up (y/n )'s stomach. She had always liked Hagrid and would occasionally go to him for help with her Care of Magical Creatures' homework.

"Well, I think that is everything important. Let the feast begin."

The golden plates and goblets before them suddenly filled with food and drinks much to (y/n)'s delight. She scooped some mashed potatoes on her plate and chicken-digging in.

"Breath young one," George said with a laugh.

"I'm older than you so suck it," (y/n) said sticking out her tongue and throwing some more chicken into her mouth.

"Such derogatory language missy, who do you think you are?"

"Oh, hush Weasley, eat your chicken or I might," (y/n) said with a laugh as she took a sip of her pumpkin juice. The liquid hitting the back of her throat, giving her a warmth. Hogwarts was her home, and she was so glad to be back.

***

"Fortuna majors," Lee said as the Fat Lady swung open the portrait door.

(Y/n)'s favorite part about returning to Hogwarts was entering the common room. It never ceased to amaze her that some of her favorite memories were always right here.

"Okay, come on." Wren said pulling her to the couch. "We need to make this quick before someone rats me out to Professor McGonagall."

"Make what quick?" (Y/n) asked turning around to see all her friends smiling at her.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

(Y/n) let out a laugh as the twins tackled her to the ground in a hug. "It's present time," Ron said moving forward and setting a poorly wrap gift in front of her.

"Sorry, no one would help me with the wrapping. I did it myself," Ron said shyly.

"You're so thoughtful," (y/n) said slowly unwrapping his gift to see a red and gold scarf.

"I noticed yours was getting a little worn out, and thought you'd enjoy a new one."

(Y/n) got out of the twins grasp and pulled the young boy in a hug. His ears turning a bright pink. "This is the sweetest gift ever. Thank you Ron, truly."