[ Chapter 52 ]

"So you are aware of the prophecy?" Dumbledore asked looking at the young girl. 

(y/n) sat in front of him with her arms crossed as she retold what happened to her for the fifth time that day. "I see you are also aware of it, why am I not surprised?"

Dumbledore let out a chuckle as he leaned back in his seat. "I was aware of two prophecies that would affect the outcome of the war. I already told you this. Both from James and Amelia Potter's children. However, that is all I know. What exactly did Barty junior say to you?"

"Nothing," (y/n) said as she pulled on the hem of her black dress. "Just that there was a prophecy. It was hard to get much else from it since I was being tortured. Now, can I go see Harry?"

Dumbledore slightly nodded, and (y/n)wasted no time walking out of his office and down to the Black Lake where she told Harry to wait for her. 

She spotted him immediately, as most students were already gathered in the Great Hall to celebrate Cedric's life. "Harry!" She yelled, crashing her body into his as she pulled him into a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Me? You were tortured by a creep and put in the hospital for more than a week, and you're worried about me?" Harry asked. "I was worried about you." 

(Y/n) pulled away as she sat next to Harry, looking out towards the lake. "I saw them, you know. Barty junior had obliviate myself, Wren, and Ginny and I saw mum and your dad. James, he's the one that helped me get my memory back." 

Harry looked over to her with a sad smile on his face. "When I was dueling Voldemort I saw them too. I saw my mum and dad. I also saw Amelia. She helped me get back to the cup." (y/n) reached over grabbing his hand as she leaned her head on his shoulder. 

"They're proud of you." She said trying to give as much comfort as she could. 

"No, they're proud of us."

They sat like that for a few minutes, leaning in on one another as they sat peacefully. Both had their own battles they needed to face, but if they were together they knew they could conquer anything. 

Harry felt like he was no longer alone. Not only did he have Sirius but Hermione and Ron- who would always fight by his side. Then there was (y/n), who by blood was family and she would be someone he could constantly rely on time after time again. 

(Y/n) had finally felt complete. Now that she was aware of the prophecy she had a fire burning through her veins to fight back. The same fire that coursed through Harry's. A unspoken agreement to fight alongside each other. She wasn't going to lose anyone else she was close with. 

Unfortunately, she had come to the realization that the dreams of the dead boy in the graveyard was in fact Cedric, and a part of her felt responsible for his death. For months she had seen the outcome, knew that someone was going to end up dead and she did nothing to stop it.

If only she had fought harder he may still be alive.  

"(Y/n)?"

"Harry?"

She looked up to see Hermione, Ron, Fred, and Wren standing off to the side. They were all wearing black as they got ready for the ceremony. 

"It's time," Hermione said, a grim look on her face. 

(Y/n) nodded as she got up with Harry. Giving his hand a gentle squeeze before walking over towards Wren and Fred. "I'm ready," she whispered as she slipped her hand into Fred's. The diamond necklace Cedric had gotten her for her birthday clung to her chest as she fought back tears.

Above anything Cedric Diggory was her friend. He was there for her when she was at a low, and though she never reciprocated his feelings she knew he would always be there for her when she needed him.