[ Chapter 14 ]

(Y/n) sat in the Great Hall, stirring the eggs on her plate around as she waited for the timetables to be passed out. Fred and George were on either side of her laughing about how they pranked a Slytherin boy that morning. Apparently they had talked Peeves into helping them out since (y/n) had refused to get up so early to help them.

"And you should have seen his face! It was priceless," George said reaching over for his pumpkin juice and taking a sip out of it.

(Y/n) looked up when she saw movement in front of her. Oliver Wood had a stern look at his face as he sat down in between Angelina and Ginny, pouring himself a glass of milk.

Last night Ginny Weasley had been sorted into Gryffindor, which caused an uproar of applause as the youngest Weasley joined her family. Everyone was stoked that she had made it to the Gryffindor table.

"I booked the pitch for tomorrow morning there are some new plays I want us to all run by. I want you all to be there at sunrise sharp."

Angelina groaned in response as she rested her head on the table. They all had stayed up pretty late to hear from Harry and Ron. Even though (y/n)'s group of friends tried to calm her nerves she was scared for the two second years.

After checking them over about a million times they had all sat around the fireplace as Hermione, Harry, Ron passed out their birthday gifts to (y/n). Hermione had gotten her a muggle book, Harry had given her a shirt that had her favorite Quidditch player's name and number on it (which happened to be Wilda Griffiths from the Holyhead Harpies), and Ron handed her a bunch of muggle candy that Hermione helped him pick out.

"Why does it have to be so early?" Alicia asked taking a seat next to Angelina.

"We are going to train harder this year. I have a good feeling about winning this year's cup," Oliver said finishing his milk and getting up to tell Harry his plan.

"He's trying to kill us," (y/n) mumbled as she took a bit of her eggs.

"Aww cheerup, it can't be that bad right?" Fred asked nudging her side. (Y/n) just sent him a glare as Professor McGonagall reached their table handing them their schedule.

(Y/n) looked over her schedule as owls came flying through the Great Hall dropping mail to eager students. (Y/n) was surprised to see three letters and a package drop right in front of her. She reached for it when Mrs. Weasley voice roared through the hall.

"RONALD WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR. I AM ABSOULTELY DISGUSTED- YOUR FATHER IS NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE WILL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME! Oh, and Ginny dear congratulations on making it into Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud."

(Y/n) winced as she felt the secondhand embarrassment for Ron. The howler blew a raspberry before tearing itself up in front of Ron's face. The Great Hall went silent before laughter erupted from the different houses as conversation started back up.

(Y/n) looked down at her own letters and opened the first one up as a pair of diamond earrings fell into her hands. She gasped in shock as she held the little studs between her fingers.

"Whoa, who are those from?" Alicia asked.

Fred and George who were laughing with Lee stopped to look at the diamonds that were in her hands as she read the letter.

(Y/n)

I am so glad we were able to catch up during the summer. It was completely wicked. Yesterday was such a rush to get on the platform that I forgot to give you your present. Happy late birthday by the way! I hope you find these useful. To my favorite nonfamily member.