[ Chapter 49 ]

It had been a week since the Yule Ball, and Fred was definitely making it his mission to show (y/n) that he changed. It was starting to feel like the good ole days when feelings didn't get in the way.

She was currently in the library with Hermione, and Harry as they tried to figure out what to do for the second task.

"I think I'm helpless," Harry sighed as he leaned his head into one of the books. (y/n) gave him a sad look as she pulled up another book in her lap. She was determined to help him be able to breathe under water. She just didn't know how. He could use a bubblehead charm, but it would take weeks to learn, and the task was tomorrow morning.

"Harry don't give up," (y/n) sighed trying to give him a reassuring look. "We'll think of something." She leaned over the table giving his hand a tight squeeze as Hermione plopped down in her chair.

"You guys! I think I got it," Ron said running through the library as Madam Pince sent him a glare. He smiled sheepishly at her as he set a book in front of the three. "Take two pints of water, half a pound of shredded mandrake leaves, and a newt-"

"I don't think that's going to work," (y/n) sighed. She closed her eyes trying to let her mind wrap around the idea of her next game plan.

"This is ridiculous," Hermione said holding up one of the books. "Who on earth wants to make their nose hairs grow into ringlets?"

"I wouldn't mind," a voice called out, and (y/n) couldn't help but smile as Fred and George came into view. "Be a talking point, wouldn't it?"

(Y/n) let out a laugh that caused a glare from Madam Pince. She turned to the two with identical grins. "What are you guys doing here?"

Fred matched her smile before clearing his throat. "Uhh well we actually came to get you."

"Miss me already?" She asked dramatically, slowly fanning herself with her hand. "I know I'm irresistible."

"Ha, ha," George said shaking his head. "Actually, professor McGonagall is requesting both you and Hermione."

"Why?" Hermione asked, looking quite surprise.

"Dunno, say Granger did (y/n) finally convince you to join the dark side?" Fred asked as he draped an arm over her shoulder. "Welcome to the club."

Hermione sent him a glare before flinging his arm off of her. "What did you do?" She asked turning towards (y/n). "Correction, what did you drag me into?"

"Hey! I didn't do anything, yet," (y/n) said sending the girl a wink. "Come on, it might not even be that bad. You think it's bad?" She asked turning towards Fred and George. In truth she couldn't imagine why she was being called.

"It's probably fine, love." Fred said sending her a reassuring look. "But she was looking a little grim, so I really don't want to keep her or the headmaster waiting."

"Dumbledore?" Ron asked confused as he looked at Harry.

"Yeah, that's where she told us to take them," George said, feeling a little uneasy about the whole thing.

(Y/n) nodded as she collected her belongings are turned towards a nervous Harry. "Don't worry, okay. We'll be back in no time, and we'll revise in the common room"

Harry sent her a small smile as they began walking away. They walked in silence for a few moments before (y/n) turned her attention to Fred. "You really don't know why we got called?"

"No, but it can't be that bad. George and I have done worse, and we've never been expelled."

"That's so comforting," (y/n) said as she let out a sigh. They approached the gargoyle as George said the password. "Why is it candy names every year?"