[ Chapter 43 ]

Within seconds of Harry's departure chaos broke out into the Great Hall. (y/n) was still trying to wrap her head around the idea that Harry's name was called out. A soft hand on her shoulder bringing her back to reality as she looked over to Wren. 

"Not fair!"

"A cheat!"

"He's not even seventeen!"

"I can't believe he actually did it, and didn't even tell me," Ron spat out. (Y/n) turned her head scowling at the boy.

"Ron, don't be ridiculous there's no way he put his name in. Did you see how shocked he was when his name got called?"

"Exactly." Hermione said, "this doesn't add up."

"Whatever," Ron said turning away. "He probably was just shocked that he actually managed to get picked. I'm leaving."

"Ron!" Hermione said getting up from her seat and running off after him.

"Well, looks like we're going to need to celebrate. I say we throw our champion our very own Gryffindor party," George said- getting up with the rest of the students as they headed back to the common rooms.

"Wren, want to come with me to get the food?" Lee asked, sending him a wink as he placed an arm around his shoulder. 

"Maybe, you should go with them (y/n) and make sure they actually get the food," George suggested- laughing as he watched the couple.

"I'm actually not going to go to the party. I'm probably just going to go to bed."

"What?" Fred asked, turning his attention to her. "You're not going to come? Why?"

"No offense," she said with a tight lip smile. "But I haven't had the best experiences with parties."

"Come on (y/n)," Angelina said, reaching out and connecting her arms with hers "I'm not in a party mood either. Let's have a girl's night in the dorm."

By the time they had walked out of the Great Hall and up the stairs to the Gryffindor common room, did (y/n) have the courage to stop in her tracks and turn to her. "Ang, I love you- but go have fun at the party. I know you want to be kissing a certain ginger."

"Please, George and I aren't even together anymore. I need a break from the twins just as much as you do. Plus, we haven't had a girl's night in so long! It'll be fun."

And boy was it fun. The girls had got into their hidden stash of chocolates, thanks to Remus who had been constantly sending chocolate gift baskets since the first week of school and danced to music from the eighties. There was just something about the song, "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" that made (y/n) forget all about her troubles. She was no longer stressed about her nightmares or about Fred. She was just a seventeen-year-old girl hanging out with her best friend and having the time of her life.

***

(Y/n) clung to her jumper as she stood in front of the same maze that had been haunting her dreams for a while. Each night it changed completely. At first the shadow man would appear and giver her ominous warnings, but now she found herself alone each time.

She tried to embrace each dream as she felt herself drawn to enter the maze. There was something here that she needed to figure out, she just didn't know what exactly it was.

She let her feet sink into the soil of the dirt as she made her first attempt in entering it. Usually, she didn't have the courage to walk straight inside- usually caressing the corners and walking around the emptiness, but today the dream felt different- welcoming.