[ Chapter 48 ]

(y/n) held in her breath as she admired herself in the mirror. The dress clung to her body perfectly, outlining her shape. Hermione had helped with her hair and makeup, and the more she stared at herself, the dizzier she got.

"Whoa, you look like a princess," Angelina said with a soft smile. Her dress which consisted of a deep burgundy in detail allowed her eyes to shine as she threw on some strappy heels. "Pucey isn't going to know what hit him."

(Y/n) laughed shaking her head as she leaned up against the railing on her bed. "I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a bit nervous," she said playing with the hem of her dress.

"You girls ready?" Ginny asked coming into the room. (y/n) sent her a small smile as the green of the dress danced around her figure. "Whoa, you both look amazing."

"Thanks Gin, so do you," (y/n) said coming up and giving her a brief hug before pulling away and opening up the door. Adrian told her to meet him at the entrance and she cursed herself for not just meeting at the dorm room.

"Come on girls, Hermione already left, and the boys are waiting at the entrance," Angelina said linking her arms with Ginny and (y/n) as they walked down the stairs into the common room, and out the door.

People around her were all laughing as they clung to their dates in the hallway. The professors had not only enchanted the Great Hall, but the corridors as well so it looked as if tiny snowflakes were falling down.

"You ready?"

***

Fred leaned into his brother as he laughed at Lee's stupid joke. Wren was currently holding Lee's hand for support as he tried to not fall over.

"I don't get it," Alicia huffed as she grabbed Fred's arm. "Come on Fred lets go somewhere else."

George met his eye giving him a questionable look, but Fred just shook his head. "We're still waiting for our friends."

She let out a sigh as she dropped her hand from him and crossed her arms. "Oh, look at Angelina!"

Fred turned, and saw Angelina coming down the stairs. He sent a look to George who looked as if he had won the lottery. His eyes glossed over as he tried to cover it with a cough. George rushed over meeting her towards the stairs, bowing and planting a soft kiss on her hand. She let out a giggle, and Fred turned away allowing them to have their moment.

He was happy for George.

"Shit," Wren said, taking Fred out of his thoughts as he looked up. He felt his heart stop. Palms sweating as he tried to catch her eye. She was stunning, gorgeous, angelic. Her smile lighting up the whole room and he knew more then anything that he wanted to be the one to put the smile on her face.

Pure happiness is what she was. Turning off the eternal battles he had ever felt. Fred felt the butterflies in his stomach as she walked down the stairs. Her dress swinging with the rhythm of her body. She was a muse, a masterpiece in the eye of the storm all around her.

Fred drew in a shaky breath as she reached the bottom gripping Pucey hand with a huge smile on her face. God, Fred knew he could get lost in her smile. Adrian leaned in, whispering something in her ear, and Fred clutched his fist as he saw her laugh. He turned around meeting George's eye.

***

"I'm serious," Adrian said as he dragged his arm around her waist. "All the girls here don't even compete with how you look."

"Now you're just buttering me up." (y/n) laughed as she looked around for her friends. "You don't mind if we stop by my friends?"

"No, it's fine," he shrugged. "Plus, I want to see Weasley's face as he realized he missed out on taking you."