[Chapter 27 ]

(Y/n) laid down in the common room trying to soothe her muscles. Oliver had been pushing them during practice as it was his last year at Hogwarts.

"I am so sore," Fred said coming in and laying down next to her. "I never want to see another broomstick in my life."

"Well tough luck because our first match is tomorrow," George said walking in with Angelina by his side. Since George and Angelina had become a couple they had been spending a great deal together. Which pushed Fred to spend all his time with (y/n)- not that she was complaining. Since the misunderstanding of becoming animagus everything seemed to go back to how it was. She had her goofy best friend back.

"We should go prank someone," Fred said leaning his head against the end of the cushion as he pushed off. "I'm so bored, and we haven't done a prank in so long."

"Freddie we just pranked some Ravenclaws a few hours ago," (Y/n) said with a lighthearted laugh as she closed her eyes to relax.

Fred looked over to her and had to stop himself from reaching out to touch her face. She seemed so peaceful and calm and it gave him a sense of longing that he hadn't realized he felt.

"Mhmm hmm," Hermione coughed looking irritated as she tried to get Fred's attention. "There is some Slytherin girl outside the common room asking for you Fred" she said before turning away and joining Ron and Harry at a side table.

(Y/n) opened her eyes looking over to him. He met her eyes shrugging as he walked over to the door and walked out. (Y/n) got up from the sofa and headed towards the trio as they were hurdled off talking in whispers.

"Hey Harry, I was wondering if I could talk to you?" She asked- hoping to not draw unwanted attention to her.

"Sure (Y/n)," he said as he got up from the table and walked to a corner of the common room that was empty with her. "What's up?

"How much do you know about your parents?"

"My parents?" He asked slightly taken aback. No one had ever asked him that before, and he wasn't really sure how to answer. "What do you want to know?"

"Did your dad have a sister?"

"A sister? Honestly I don't know much about my family. Everything was either kept a secret or my aunt and uncle lied about it. Why?"

"I just overheard something, and I was curious- thanks anyways," she said before turning away and walking out the common room leaving a very confused Harry behind. She knew she needed answers and the only way she was going to get them was if she talked to Professor Lupin herself.

She turned another corner knowing a fast way to get the DADA classroom when she stumbled upon hushed whispers. She moved her head to the side to see Fred leaning up against a wall with Hazel right next to him.

Her heart stopped and for a split second he made eye contact with her. A sense of sorrow in his face but (y/n) just shook her head as she continued down the classroom. She knew Fred wouldn't do something to intentionally hurt her, so she left it at that.

She approached the DADA classroom- and the nerves in her stomach were unraveling. She still wasn't sure if this was something she even wanted to know. She pushed open the door to see Professor Lupin leaning over his desk in what she assumed was him grading their essays they had just turned in.

"Ah Ms. Carter, what a pleasant surprise what can I help you with?" Lupin said looking up.

"Am I related to Amelia Potter?"

Professor Lupin looked caught off guard as he held his breath, and looked at the young girl. The desperation to know the truth hanging on her tongue as she said her words. Guilt ate at the bottom of his stomach as he looked at the girl who resembled his childhood best friend.