[ Chapter 33 ]

(y/n) stirred in her sleep as she heard a faint scream. She slowly opened her eyes as darkness filled them. Fred was sleeping peacefully next to her in his bed- an arm wrapped protectively over her.

After making out and some more kissing the two had slipped upstairs and called it a night. She still felt over the moon about the outcome of their relationship even though they hadn't specified what they were to each other. It still didn't feel real to her.

"Freddie," she said slightly shaking him.

"Mhmm?"

"I think someone just screamed."

"(Y/n) it's probably-"

"AHHHHHHHH!"

Fred opened his eyes- bolting straight upward as he locked eyes with her. Lee and Wren who were currently all tangled up together opened their eyes as they sat up.

"Did someone jut scream?" George asked.

"C'mon let's go see what's going on," (Y/n) said getting out of Fred's bed and heading down to the common room.

The common room was lit with a glow of a dying fire, still littered with the debris from the party.

"What's going on?" Angelina asked as she went to go stand next to them. George only shrugged as he put an arm around her- brining her in closer to his chest.

"Black! Sirius Black! With a knife!" Ron yelled, "I saw him."

(Y/n) looked up and met eyes with Fred, she knew there was a possibility he might be able to find his way into the castle but with the dementors and the safety of Hogwarts it felt unlikely.

"What?"

"Are you sure you weren't dreaming Ron?"

"I'm telling you," Ron said moving forward towards the center of the common room so everyone could see him. "I saw him!"

"Professor McGonagall told us to go to bed, what is going on?" Percy said coming down from the staircase. As (y/n) looked around she realized that more people had started to fill the common room to see what all the commotion was about.

"Perce- Sirius Black!" Ron said faintly. "In our room with a knife! He woke me up!"

The common room went still as everyone looked at each other. (Y/n) felt a hand slip into hers and she looked up to see Fred giving her a small smile.

"Nonsense!" Percy said, shaking his head but there was a faint startled look on his face. "You had too much to eat Ron- had a nightmare."

"I'm telling you-"

"Now, really, enough's- enough!" Professor McGonagall had entered the common room. She slammed the portrait behind her as she stared furiously around. "I am delighted that we won the quidditch cup, but this is getting ridiculous! I expected better from you Percy!"

"I certainly didn't organize this professor!" Percy said frantically. "I was just telling them all to get back to bed. My brother had a nightmare-"

"IT WASN'T A NIGHTMARE!" Ron yelled. "PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME HOLDING A KNIFE!"

"Don't be ridiculous Weasley, how could he have gotten through the portrait hole?" McGonagall said looking at him indiscreetly.

"ASK HIM!" Ron yelled, pointing a shaking finger to Sir Cadogan's picture. "Ask him if he saw-"

Glaring suspiciously at Ron, Professor McGonagall pushed back open and went outside. The whole common room held their breath as they listened.

"Sir Cadogan, did you let a man enter the Gryffindor Tower?"