[ Chapter 66 ]

A/N: AHHHH A YEAR LATER. 1 month turns into 2, then you blink and it's been damn near a year since the last chapter was published. I really struggled with the motivation that came with this story. Firstly, it's the first thing I ever published and I love it with every piece of my being. A while back I had finished it, and lost the copy of all the chapters. It killed my motivation as I couldn't remember everything I had written, and I didn't think I would ever make it as good as I did the first time around. This story has been a journey, but regardless of the small struggle I plan to finish it. So thank you for being patient. I know this has been long awaited. <3

(Y/n) sat with her back up against the wall, her body hanging on every ounce of anxiety as she waited outside Umbridge's office. When the twins and Harry were rushed away she had immediately followed them hoping to smooth the hell that was gonna unfold. However, whatever she was planning to do was immediately washed away when Umbridge closed the door in her face. A smirk playing on her thin lips. 

She tried to calm her breathing when she saw professor McGonagall enter her office. Surly she would have the teams back. She over anyone was more serious about quidditch and her team winning. 

Seconds turned into minutes and she could feel herself starting to doze off as a bang whistled through the air. She lifted her head at the sound of the door opening. She met eyes with Harry first and knew whatever had happened in there was bad, very bad. 

"We're off the team," Harry said, not even bothering to stop as he continued his way up to the Gryffindor common room. 

"Off the team?" (Y/n) said turning around as George and Fred walked out. Their heads hung low.  "There got to be something we can do," She said, taking a step forward, trying to walk into Umbridge's office but Fred stopped her. He held his hand up and shook his head. 

"It's not worth it."

"Not worth it? You're off the bloody team! What do you mean it's not worth it! This is our last year playing together. You all promised me. Remember, where thrust go," her words trembled off as the reality of what was happening was finally sinking in. She bit the inside of her lip to stop the tears from coming.

Memories flashed before her eyes. All those summers and years playing together. She was proud of how far they had come in their time. And all of it was about to be ripped away.  

"I will follow." George and Fred said together. George gave her a small smile before pulling her in closer. "(Y/n), we'll make it work, okay? Everything is going to work out we just got to believe a little. Now  come on, let's turn that frown upside down and head back to the common room. We're gonna have to tell everyone else if Harry didn't already beat us to it."

(Y/n) pulled away from George's grasp as she nodded. She wasn't gonna let Umbitch ruin her mood. This was her last year at Hogwarts and she would be damn if she let anyone ruin that for her. Whether Fred and George agreed or not she was going to try and figure something out. She had to. 

The walk back to the common room was quiet. No one said anything as the weight of the decisions fell on their shoulders. Fred held her hand tracing small circles with his thumb as they moved up the stairs. (Y/n) would never admit to it but it calmed her. Made her feel more human inside. A simple mundane feeling that hid the scars that stained her sleeve. 

She was in disbelief. All of her hard work, all the memories with her two best friends were wiped away from her. She knew Fred and George weren't going to agree with her, but she was going to get her revenge tonight. She just had to figure out what it was. There was a reason she was best friends with the two biggest jokesters. 

They walked up to the Fat Lady who had a ghastly look on her face. "What is it?" (Y/n) asked as they neared the Fat Lady's portrait. Elizabeth looked down at them, shaking her head as she let them in. 

Angelina was standing on a table, a small crowd forming around her as she shouted at Harry. "You! This is all your fault! How are we going to win now with our two beaters and snitch out of the game! And you two!" She said turning her attention to the twins. "I HATE YOU LOT! OUR LAST YEAR!"

(Y/n) walked over to her, putting a hand on Angelia's thigh. "Get down." She said sternly. A seriousness in her voice that she didn't even know belonged there. Angelia looked down at her nodding, shrinking down a little now realizing the crowd that had started to form. 

The rest of the room fell silent, looking over to the captain. 

"Yes they're off the team. However we are Gryffindor and we never back down from a fight. Tryouts will be held tomorrow," she said looking around at the crowd. "Anyone wanting to try out for seeker and beater come see me on the pitch at dawn. Now scram you lot. I got planning to do."

"I'm sorry," Angelina said. "I'm just so heated! Why did no one else receive a punishment for what they did to Harry! And then I find out that you three have been kicked off. It's complete rubbish."

"It is," Hermione said coming down to sit next to Harry. "You know what this means though, right?"

(Y/n) gave Hermione a questionable look as did the rest of the group. 

"We play fire with fire, duh." A coy smile dancing on Hermione's lip. "And I have the perfect way to do it."

"Georgie do my ears deceive me?" Fred asked looking over to his twin.

"Why Freddie I don't think they do."

Hermione shook her head at the twins a coy smile playing off her lips. "I so happen to know that the Slytherin's are throwing a party tonight. I overheard Astoria talk about it on my way over-"

"You want to crash it?" Ron asked jumping up from his sit.

"Not exactly, I was thinking we could ruin it."

"Oh miss Granger I know exactly how we're going to do it," Fred said draping his arm over Hermione's shoulder. "Come on let's talk about more deviant ideas over here."

(Y/n) slumped her body in a chair closing her eyes as the other talked in the corner. Her mental state was drained, her body was drained, and for once in a long time she didn't want to do anything but just lay in this spot, and not move.

"(Y/n)?"

(Y/n) let out a groan as she opened up her eyes looking up at Ron who sheepishly smiled at her. "I know this is the worst timing, but I need your help."

"With?"

"Will you help me with the tryouts for Quidditch?"

She gave him a confused looked before sitting up, patting the seat next to her. "I didn't know you were interested in being on the team."

"Shh not so loud!" Ron said in a panic, putting his finger against her lip. "I don't want anyone else to know. Well err not yet anyways. I'm nervous."

"I got it, how about this," (y/n) said with a smile. "After we prank the Slytherin with whatever those three knuckleheads are planning you can meet me on the pitch and we can practice for a few?"

"Really?" Ron said jumping up and giving her a hug. "Thank you so much! I'll see you tonight then." He said a small smile forming into a much bigger one as he walked away to where Harry and Wren were talking. 

"What was the about love?" Fred said coming up and taking the seat where Ron was just at moments before. "Last time I saw him smile that big was last year during the Yule ball when he saw Hermione walk in." 

(Y/n) just shook her a head a small giggle escaping her lips. "Always mr nosy. What's the plan for the Slytherin party by the way?"

"Well, how do you feel about taking a polyjuice potion?"