[ Chapter 34 ]

It took a couple seconds for the news to sink in. (Y/n) looked over at the rest of the gang as the silence filled the air.

"You're both mental," Ron said at last.

"Ridiculous!" Wren said, looking a little uneasy.

"Peter Pettigrew's dead," Harry said, stepping forward. "You killed him twelve years ago."

"No Harry, that's what I thought at first, too." Lupin said, an uneasy look on his face. "Sirius did not kill Peter." He raised his wand slightly towards Scabbers. "Just hold onto him tight Ron, as we explain what really happened that night."

"He's not Peter! He's Scabbers," Ron yelled. (Y/n) shot a quick look at him. She sympathized with him, but a part of her wanted to know if what they were saying was true.

"But Professor," Hermione said, "people would know if Peter became an animagus. We did Animagi in class with Professor McGonagall. I looked at the registry list, and Peter's name was not on the list."

(Y/n) looked over at her before shaking your head. "You don't have to register to be an animagus." She looked over at Scabbers and then back at Lupin, someone she had trusted dearly. "He's really Peter?"

"(Y/n), don't tell me you actually believe this nonsense?" Ron asked, clutching Scabbers tighter.

"I don't know, but I mean I'm curious to know what they have to say."

"Well, isn't this just interesting," a sneered voice said, coming from across the room.

(Y/n) had to hold back a scream, almost falling into Wren as Professor Snape came out from the corner. He was wearing Harry's invisibility cloak.

"I found this at the base of the Whooping Willow tree," he said clutching the cloak closer to his chest. "Very useful, Potter. I've told the headmaster again and again that you were helping your old friend back into the castle, Lupin, and here's the proof."

"Severus, you're making a mistake."

"Oh, vengeance is sweet, I suspect the dementors will be waiting to place a kiss on you," Snape said holding his wand closer to Sirius Black's face.

The color in Sirius's face changed as he looked extremely pale. Before (y/n) could register what happened- Harry had stood in front, pointing his wand and yelled, "Expelliarmus."

Snape flew backwards hitting his head against the wall and falling unconscious as both Wren and Hermione had held their wand out at the same time.

"You shouldn't have done that," Lupin said shaking his head slightly.

"We attacked a teacher," Hermione whispered over and over again to herself. (Y/n) wanted to reach out to her and pull her into a hug, but she knew she couldn't- not now.

"Show me then," Harry said. "Show me he's Peter Pettigrew."

"Ron give me the rat!"

"What are you going to do with him if I give you him?"

"Force him to show himself," Lupin said. "If he really is a rat it won't hurt him."

Ron hesitated for a second before nodding and handing Scabbers over to Lupin. A flash of blue light erupted from Lupin's wand as he pointed it to Scabbers. For a moment, he was frozen in midair, his small grey form twisting madly. Ron began to yell, and (Y/n) raced to his side to calm him down- the rat fell on the floor as a second wave of blinding lights entered the room.

When (y/n)'s eyes adjusted to the light she saw a short chubby man sitting on the floor.

"Well hello Peter," Lupin said. "Long time no see."