[ Chapter 5 ]

As the season changed and November hit (y/n) had never in her life been so excited for the upcoming holiday. Especially for today's quidditch game. It was even more exciting because it was the first one of the season. Gryffindor vs Slytherin.

That morning dawned very bright and cold. The Great Hall was full of delicious smell of fried sausage and the cheerful chatter of everyone looking forward to the match. (Y/n) sat next to Harry Potter and Angelina Johnson as she nibbled on a blueberry muffin.

"Have you seen the twins?" (y/n) asked looking around the hall nervously.

"Missing a certain twin?" Angelina asked raising an eyebrow.

(Y/n) spit out the pumpkin juice she was drinking in front of her, heat started feeling her cheeks. A pink color tint blushing her across her nose. "What? I- I don't know what you're talking about," she stuttered trying to calm her voice.

"Sure, you don't but not to worry your lover boy is coming this way," (y/n) turned her head to see Fred and George sprinting down the rows of tables in their quidditch uniform. They both took a seat across from the girls as they piled their plates of eggs and bacon.

"So, what were you girls talking about?" Fred asked as he scooped a handful of eggs in his mouth.

"Yeah, (y/n) what were we talking about?" Angelina said turning her whole body towards the girl as she had a smirk tugging on the side of her face.

"Uhh- well- err you see," (Y/n) stuttered. This caused both twins to raise an eyebrow as they locked eyes with her. "It's um nothing. We were just talking about the match! Yeah, the match! Well will you look at the time?" (Y/n) said as she pulled her arm out in front of her as if she had a watch on. "I better go change in my uniform. We'll catch up!" She said grabbing ahold of Angelina and pulling the young African American girl with her.

***

Madam Hooch stood in the middle of the Quidditch field. A whistle glistening in her hand as she waited for the two teams to walk on the field. (Y/n) walked beside Fred and George as they carried their broom.

"Hello and welcome to Hogwarts first Quidditch match of the season," Lee Jordan called out on the microphone. How Professor McGonagall had agreed to let him host the quidditch season was beyond (y/n). "Today's game, Slytherin vs Gryffindor."

"I want a clean game," Madam Hooch called out. "From all of you," Within seconds she released the bludger, and the snitch. Everyone held their breath as they waited. The quaffle finally getting released allowing the game to begin.

(Y/n) steadied herself on the broom as she zoomed out to reach for the quaffle. It slipped smoothly into her hand as she held on to it dodging the Slytherin team. She looked over to Angelina speeding through as she passed the ball to her. Angelina caught it effortlessly as they passed it back and forth before (y/n) threw it in the goal earning Gryffindor ten points.

She could hear the crowd erupt in cheers as she continued to fly through the match. She tried tuning out Lee's voice as he commentated the game.

(Y/n) barely dodged a bludger as it came hurling towards her. A flash of orange engulfed her vision as she flew to the right.

"Sorry!" Fred called out as he whacked the bludger with his bat. (Y/n) just nodded as she moved her broom downward to catch up with Angelina. Just in time as Angelia passed the ball to her. Going full force as she tried to dodge the bludger she passed it to Angelina who scored another ten points for Gryffindor.

"Adrian Pucey has the quaffle, and he passes it to Flint who passes it back, looks like they're going to score. And misses! Wood was able to stop them as he throws the ball to (y/n). Oh no, Flint just knocked Wood down with a bludger," Lee's voice played in (y/n) head, and she dared to not look back at Wood as she shot the Quaffle through the goal causing another ten points for Gryffindor.

She was just about to race to Angelina when two of Slytherin chases caught up with her, side by side, forcing her down to the ground. (Y/n) shared a panic look with George as she raced down to catch the Quaffle. She saw Alicia Spinet in the corner of her eye and nodded as she passed the ball back and forth, she was about to shoot her score when Marcus Flint raced over slamming into her body. She felt her body give way as she flipped over on her broom, holding on.

Fred and George were by her side in an instant, pulling her up back on. "Thank you," she breathed out. Pain had submerged in her side, and she knew that she was going to have a bruise by the end of the night.

She looked out to the field to see Harry on the ground. He seemed to be chocking, and before she could even react, he spit out the snitch catching it in his hand.

"He's got the snitch! Harry Potter receives a hundred and fifty points! Gryffindor wins."

The crows erupted in cheers as (Y/n) flew down with the rest of her team, running up to Harry and giving him a big hug. "Good job!" She said breathless as George and Fred lifted Harry up on their shoulders.

***

After the match (y/n) had immediately went down to the locker rooms showering. The second the cold water touched her side she winced in pain. She looked over to her side that now was covered in a big black bruise. She sighed in pain and finished washing off as she got dressed. In between getting hurt with the troll a few weeks back, and now the quidditch match she was feeling slightly exhausted.

She leaned back against the lockers slowly closing her eyes as she tried to focus on making the pain go away.

(Y/n) felt soft hands wrap around her body. She was too exhausted to fully open her eyes. She didn't even realize how long she had been laying on the cold hard floor.

"You think she's okay Freddie?" She heard someone whisper.

"Did you see the bruise on her side?"

"Her side? Look at the cuts that are on her legs. How could we not have noticed that she was in pain? She looks so helpless."

She felt a soft brush against her face, as whoever was carrying her graced their fingertips against her skin. "I know Georgie. I know."

(Y/n) finally opened her eyes to see that she was in the hospital wing. She couldn't remember how she had gotten there. She looked down to see that she was wearing the shorts and tank top that she had slid on after her shower. Next to her in their own beds were Oliver Wood and Angelina Johnson.

"Oh, you're up!" Madam Pomfrey said shoving a drink in the young girl's face. "Drink this and you will feel so much better. I will go get the boys and tell them they can finally come in. They caused such a ruckus early trying to make sure you were okay."

"Boys?" (Y/n) asked slightly confused on what she was getting at.

"Yes, the Weasley Twins. Fred Weasley came rushing in with you in his arms," (Y/n) tried to hide the blush that was creeping on her cheeks as she thought of Fred carrying her in here. Within seconds of Madam Pomfrey leaving, the twins barged in pulling (y/n) into a hug.

"(Y/n)! We were so worried when we didn't see you leave the locker rooms," George said pulling away and looking her over to make sure she had been fully taken care of.

"So, we decided to you know, walk in and then we saw you passed out of the ground..." Fred continued looking off. "We thought... well we- "

"We thought something bad happened to you when we saw the bruise on your side, and the cuts on your legs." George finished.

(Y/n) starred up at her two best friends. The bracelet that they had gotten her for her birthday feeling heavy on her wrist as she looked up at them with so much love and admiration. "I'm fine. Thank you," she said wrapping her arms around both boys pulling them in for another hug.

"So, the cuts?" George asked finally breaking the silence.

"Happened when I got thrown against a wall from a troll," she said slightly chuckling trying to lighten the mood. "I never got seen for them because I didn't want to make it into a big deal. I'm sorry for making you guys worry so much."

She felt a hand go to her head as Fred ruffed her hair a little bit causing all three to burst into laughing.

"Can you idiots shut up?" Angelia called out from two beds down. This just caused the three to burst out laughing even more.