[ Chapter 4 ]

The past few months had gone by in a blur. If it wasn't for the fact that the Great Hall was decorated in a Halloween theme (y/n) wouldn't even know what day it was. She had been spending a lot of time with a young girl named Hermione Granger that was in her house as they studied in the library for their upcoming exams.

This however did not sit well with the twins as they made it their mission to try and distract her so she would come prank with them. After finally giving in, (only because Hermione threatened to hex them if they disturbed her one more time) they set out and pranked a few first year Slytherins for the last few days leading up to Halloween.

She walked further up the rows of tables taking a seat in between Fred and George as Angelina and Lee sat in front of them. They were discussing the coming up quidditch match. Though (y/n) was still hazy on the details she recently learned that Harry Potter had been acquitted as their new seeker.

"He's really good. It's all Oliver has been taking about," Angelina said as she leaned in further against the table.

A thousand live bats screeched in causing (y/n) to slightly jump as she watched them swoop in over the table in a low black cloud, making the candles in the pumpkins stutter. The feast appeared suddenly on gold plates causing everyone to stop talking as they loaded their plates with food.

"Finally!" The twins said in unison as they grabbed a handful of chicken.

(Y/n) chuckled as she also started filling her plate up, chopping down on the mashed potatoes that was now in front of her. "This. Is. Heavenly." (Y/n) murmured through bites.

The doors to the Great Hall opened suddenly as Professor Quirrell came sprinting down the aisles of tables, his turban askew, and terror on his face. Everyone starred wide eye as he reached Professor Dumbledore, slumping against his chair as he said, "Trolls- in the dungeon – thought you liked to know." He sank to the ground in a dead faint as lightning erupted the whole room.

Most of the students got up from their seat screaming which caused an uproar in the whole room.

"SILENCE" Dumbledore yelled making everyone halt in place as they starred up to the headmaster. (Y/n) felt someone grip her hand and she looked up to meet Fred's eyes. "Prefects, lead your house back to the dormitories immediately!"

George and Fred grabbed her robe pulling her up as they followed Percy down towards the grand staircase.

"How could a troll get in?"

(Y/n) turned around to see Harry walking closely behind Ron. He had his hand under his chin as he was in deep thought.

"Don't ask me, they're really stupid. Maybe Peeves let him in for a Halloween joke?" Ron suggested as they all made their way up the stairs.

"I've just thought – Hermione."

Hearing her name caused (y/n) to stop in her tracks as she spun around looking at the boys.

"What about her?"

Now that (y/n) thought about it she didn't recall seeing the young girl at dinner. She had recently been checking up on her every now again and could not remember seeing her at all that day.

"She doesn't know about the troll."

(Y/n) let out a sigh as she looked over to the twins who were laughing with Lee as they made their way up to the seventh floor. Probably some ruthless joke about the troll in the Slytherin's common room area.

"Well where could she be?" (Y/n) asked as she pulled the two boys away from the crowd against an empty corridor.

"I heard from Lavender that she hasn't left the girls bathroom," Ron said shifting awkwardly and not making eye contact.