[ Chapter 20 ]

(Y/n) opened up her eyes trying to take in all her surroundings. Her head was slightly pounding, and her mouth was dry.

"Good, you're finally up. Drink this!" Madam Pomfrey said pushing a drink in front of the young girl's face. "You will need to stay for a few more hours but you should be up and ready in time for the ending ceremony."

"What happened?" (Y/n) asked looking around to see herself in the infirmary. Last time she checked it was barely November, and now Madam Pomfrey was talking about the ending ceremony.

"I can help you with that, you were petrified."

(Y/n) turned her head to see Hermione Granger sitting in the bed next to her. A small smile on her face as she continued talking. "You were the second victim. I never seen the twins so heartbroken before- especially Fred."

"And you then?" (Y/n) nodded towards her state.

"Yes, I presume I was also petrified though my memory is also a little hazy."

Hermione and (Y/n) spent the next few hours talking about everything and anything. Hermione caught her up on everything that (Y/n) had missed- including quidditch which apparently was not the same without her being there.

"So, you're telling me that Professor Lockhart set up a dueling class with Snape?" (Y/n) asked her mouth slightly agape in shock. "And they thought Harry Potter was the heir of Slytherin? What a load of rubbish."

"I think he would have appreciated knowing you were on his side. He got a lot of hate around here," Hermione said, her face turning to sorrow. "But it's okay because all is well, and we'll get to see everyone in just a little!"

"I'm a little nervous if I'm being completely honest." (Y/n) said running her hands through her hair as she tried to calm her nerves.

"What are you nervous about?"

"Well, I haven't seen anyone, nor the twins in months. I'm nervous, well I don't know exactly what I am nervous about I just am," she said rambling on before Hermione sent her a small smile.

"There is nothing for you to be nervous about. The twins are still your best friend, and they still miss you deeply. Fred and George haven't even really been doing pranks because you weren't with them," Hermione said reaching over and squeezing her hand. "It'll be okay. We can walk in together if it makes you feel better."

(Y/n) sent a warm smile her way as she nodded. "Thank you."

What Hermione didn't know was the real reason (y/n) was nervous was because of how she had run off finding out about Fred and Hazel. She still didn't even know if she believed it, but it still had hurt watching her kiss his cheek.

"Well, it looks like it's about time for you guys to head into the Great Hall," Madam Pomfrey said walking over to the girls.

(Y/n) walked the corridor with Hermione as the nerves ate at her. She had looked at the flowers and cards that she had gotten when Hermione and she were trying to pass the time. She felt guilty that she had caused her friends so much pain- especially Aiden. A card had rested on her bedside saying I'm sorry for not listening-Aiden. It broke her heart thinking that he felt like he was to blame for what had happened when that wasn't the case.

(Y/n) and Hermione walked through the corridor stopping right outside the Great Hall as (y/n) grabbed the sleeve of her robe.

"Why don't you go in first. I need some time to breathe."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, you take in the spotlight," (Y/n) said with a lighthearted laugh. She watched Hermione go in, and cheers erupted almost immediately. She put her hand over her chest, taking in a deep breath.