[ Chapter 6 ]

(Y/n) was beaming up and down as she waited in line with her permission slip in hand. Her palms were slightly sweaty as she wiped them on the blue dress she had decided to wear that day. Today was the first Hogsmeade trip, and she was more then excited to go to all the stores that she had heard so much about. There was Zonko's, the Shrieking Shack, the Three Broomsticks, and Honeydukes. Her mouth was already watering just thinking about it. She stayed in line waiting. The morning of she had practically dragged Angelina and Alicia out of bed because of her excitement. The girls now behind her giggling about something the twins had said.

"Permission slip?" Filch asked reaching out for the paper, an evil glint in his eye as he snarled. (Y/n) handed it to him and immediately walked towards the carriage where Lee was already waiting for her. She looked back as Fred and George gave their slip, along with Angelina.

"I have never been so excited before," Angelina squealed as she sat down.

"Zonko's! Zonko's! Zonko's!" The twin yelled in unison.

Once the carriage had stopped Fred grabbed (y/n) and Angelina's hands and pulled them both out as they all raced to Zonko's Joke shop. Alicia waved to the group as she took off in her own direction. They had all set up a plan last night indicating that they would go to Zonko's Joke Shop first, leading to Honeydukes next, then the Three Broomsticks, and finally the Shrieking Shack.

Fred forced them through the red door as they all split off in different directions. (Y/n) immediately stopping in her tracks as she let herself take everything in. It was a joke shop made in heaven. Rows and rows off all different kind of items and colors flashed before her eyes. There was dungbombs, screaming yo-yos, and hiccup sweets all displayed in front.

(Y/n) eyes scanned the rows of items until she picked up a small white teacup that had a pink band around it. She held it close to her face inspecting every corner when suddenly it started moving, chopping down on her nose. "ow," she said placing it back and running her hand over the spot it had bitten.

"Are you okay?"

She looked up to be met with grey eyes, and soft brown hair. "Cedric," she exclaimed as she gave him a small smile. He was the seeker on the Hufflepuff team. "Yeah I'm fine. I just wasn't expecting that, you know?"

"I know what you mean. It's pretty amazing in here," he said turning his back as he examined certain colored sweets in front of him.

"Brilliant actually," she said jumping up in excitement as she moved next to Cedric looking at the candies, their arms slightly brushing one another.

He laughed as he slightly rubbed the back of his neck. "Uhh (y/n) I noticed you were all alone and was maybe wondering if you'd like to grab a butterbeer with me?" He asked shyly. A small smile placed on his lips as he took a step forward.

(Y/n) looked around nervously beside her realizing that there was no sign of the twins, Angelina, or Lee. "Uhh sure, I'll join you."

Cedric smile grew as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder bringing her in closer. "Great!" He said leading her outside, pulling her along as they made their way to the Three Broomsticks.

(Y/n) had never had a genuine conversation with Cedric before, but realized she really enjoyed his company. He was a really good listener and would always ask questions after she would follow up with a response. He seemed genuinely interested in whatever she was saying.

"You pick a seat and I'll get the drinks," he said before heading off. The Three Broomsticks was really cozy, and the heat of the inside warmed (y/n) up immediately. She took a seat towards the back as she waited for Cedric's return. In the corner she saw Alicia with Roger Davies. He had his arm wrapped around the girl and they were both laughing at something he had said. (Y/n) smiled to herself as she watched them. Alicia deserved to be happy and she was glad she had found someone that was making her just that.