[ Chapter 50 ]

A/N: HOW DID WE GET HERE? I never thought I would be writing 50 chapters. Thank you so much everyone for all your support and kind words. I couldn't do it without you! Enjoy. 

"Just hear me out alright?" Wren sighed as he leaned up against one of the pillars.

"Fine. Continue," (y/n) said slowly putting her transfiguration book down as she looked at him. His brows were scrunched up together as he tried to piece what he wanted to say.

"I don't trust Moody, not since you had that weird vision, and he was standing next to you. I've been following him around, and I noticed he always has that weird drink on him. I think he's up to something, and I was thinking that maybe we should follow him, see what he's really getting at."

"Wren, I don't-"

"I'm in."

(Y/n) turned her head to see Ginny standing there. A small smile forming on her face. "What?" She asked looking at them. "I'm always down for a good lurk."

"See! Even Ginny thinks we should, look (y/n) all I'm saying is that if some dark magic is really happening here wouldn't you want to stop it?"

"Of course, I do Wren, I just," she stopped as she looked at her two friends. She had been feeling weird about Professor Moody for quite some time now. She just wasn't sure if stalking the man was the way to go. "Fine. But how are we even going to know where he is?"

Wren broke out into a grin before pulling an all too familiar parchment out of him pocket. "Asked Harry if I could borrow this. Told him we were going to save the castle."

Ginny let out a laugh as she grabbed the Marauder's map and opened it up. "I'm surprised he didn't offer to go with you. Still can't believe my brothers held onto it for so long and never told me."

(Y/n) just shook her head and she grabbed the map and pulled out her wand. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

The map started to transform as the whole castle came into view. She scanned it quickly looking for the name she needed, then closed the map back up quickly. "Mischief Managed."

Wren looked at her questionable, but she just shook her head. "He's in the forbidden forest."

"Well, that's not suspicious at all."

(Y/n) tried to hold back a grin as she spoke, "operation catch moody is a go."

Wren beamed as he put an arm around both girls and shoved them out into the cold night. "We're going to need to try to be as discrete as possible. Last thing we need is for a prefect to catch us out after curfew."

"Aren't you both prefects?" Ginny asked looking at the two as they walked to the edge of the forest. "Still wondering how you both got picked."

"You and me," (y/n) mumbled as she took her wand out in front of her.

"Hey! I'm an amazing prefect," Wren huffed.

(Y/n) snapped her head up as they entered the forest. Her sense was already alert. Goosebumps were raising on her arm and she put her hand up to silence the group from talking any further. Wren gulped next to her as he moved his eyesight along with the shadows that played off the trees.

"Remind me why we thought this was a good idea?"

"You," (y/n) said rolling her eyes. "You were the only one that thought this would be a good idea."

"Hey, stop bickering for a second," Ginny said ducking her head down as she looked around. "I think I see Moody, look." She said pointing to an empty clearing.