Surprise <3

A/N: SURPRISE! Thank you so much for 50K! As I mentioned in the past I wanted to write a marauders story that follows along with the story line of Soft Whispers. This is a sneak peak of the first chapter that will be published right after Soft Whispers is finished. I hope you enjoy it and want to continue the journey with Amelia Potter. This story means so much to me, and by far is one of my favorites. 

Amelia took in a shaky breath as she looked at the platform in front of her. A million different things running through her mind as her twin brother came to stand beside her.

"Millie, It's going to be fine," her twin said as he slightly clasped her hand. Saying the nickname he had given her so many years ago. "Mum and dad said they would be proud no matter what house we got in."

"James, I don't think I can do this," she said looking over at her brother. He gave her a lopsided smile before pulling her closer to him.

"Then we'll do it together," he said clasping his fingers with hers and dragging her along as they entered the platform. She closed her eyes from the impact- waiting to be hit by the bricks- but it never came. She reluctantly opened her eyes and was astonished to see a giant train blowing steam out in front of her. 

"Come on kids, you don't want to be late," Euphemia Potter called out as she pulled her two kids into a big hug, squeezing Amelia's nose in the process. "Don't forget to write to me."

"Please darling, they will be writing to me. I am the favorite parent," Fleamont chuckled as he wrapped in arm around his two children.

Amelia let out a laugh as she wrapped her arms around her dad squeezing a little bit harder as the fear of leaving them was tickling in.

"James, please look out for your sister. Above anything you will always have each other." Euphemia said placing a small kiss on their cheek before rushing them along.

James hand still gripped Amelia's tightly as he pulled her with him. His excitement bouncing off of him as they took their first step of the train. "I can't wait to be sorted into Gryffindor! And then can you image if we can get put on the quidditch team? I mean obviously we will since we're both Potter's but can you actually image us? The Potter duo, best chasers out there."

Amelia rolled her eyes at her brother's ramble. She didn't have the heart to tell him her fear that they wouldn't be placed in the same house, let alone her fear of everyone watching her on the quidditch field. Luckily for her, you couldn't tryout until second year so she had a while to be able to break the news to him.

"It looks like every compartment is full," Amelia sighed as she grabbed her luggage in the hand that wasn't clasped in James. She was about to suggest that maybe they should just go home when James opened a compartment door.

"Do you mind if we sit in here?" He asked, his eyes lightening up as he starred at the girl, who was currently reading.

She was very pretty, and the more Amelia looked the more she saw light radiating off of her. The girl smiled as she looked up nodding her head. "Of course. I'm Lily by the way. Lily Evans, and this is Severus Snape." She said pointing to the boy who sat beside her.

Amelia starred at him, as he sent them a disgusted look. Something James seemed to miss as he reached out and gripped Lily's hand. "Hi, I'm James Potter, and this is my twin sister Amelia."

"Hi," Amelia whispered shyly as she waved. She took a seat across from Severus as James jumped right into conversation. He was more of the outgoing twin as Amelia tried to watch in the shadows.

"What house do you reckon you will be in? I know for a fact we're going to be in Gryffindor," he said placing his arms around her. She smiled as she leaned into her twin allowing the comfort that always seemed to follow when he was around.