[ Chapter 42 ]

Wren rested his head on the Great Hall table- it was currently dinner and he hated sitting with the other Ravenclaws. He had spent the last ten minutes swishing his food around as he listened in to conversations. It wasn't that he didn't take pride in his house because he did- it's just they never knew how to let loose and have fun. Everything was a competition in their eyes, and he had a hard time fitting in with them.

The only other Ravenclaw he found salvation in was a third year- Luna Lovegood. She understood him on more then one occasion. She would occasionally chat with him about all these creatures he still wasn't sure were real or not- and distract him from any problem he would be facing.

He was having a hard time focusing on anything. (y/n) hadn't showed up to any of her lessons today, and when he had stopped Angelina in the hall she just said she wouldn't come down. It made his blood boil.

He had never been an angry person before. Even when his father would beat him in his drunken abyss he never let the anger consume him. He was better then that, but (y/n) was his first friend to be there for him, to love him, and take him in during his darkest times. He owed everything to her.

Watching her hurt from afar did nothing but make him angry as he couldn't think of a single solution to cheer her up.

"You have quite a lot of wrackspurts around your head."

Wren looked up to see Luna sliding in the seat next to him giving him a warm smile. "Remind me again what those are."

"Oh, they're little creatures that float into a person's ear and makes it all fuzzy."

"Perfect," Wren said eyeing her suspiciously. "I'm just a little lost I guess. (Y/n) hasn't even left her dorm room. I haven't seen her all day, and I don't really feel all that cheery to sit with the Gryffindor's."

"I see, I can try and go talk to her if you'd like. Though I've never talked to her before she seems like a sweet girl."

"No, it's okay. Thanks, though Luna. I'm just going to sit here in sorrow as I try to come up with a new plan."

"Well, you won't have to think alone for long. Hi Lee." Luna said getting up from her seat and exiting out of the hall. Wren looked up at his boyfriend who gave him a small smile.

"Can't say I wasn't surprised that you didn't sit with us. Though you must have noticed that Fred also hasn't left his room."

"I could care less about him."

"Wren-"

"Don't."

"He's your friend too, don't forget that" Lee said sighing as he filled his plate up pasta and bread.

"And she's practically my sister. And what he did was messed up."

"Wren, we're all stupid when it comes to love. I'm not saying what he did was okay because it wasn't, but he did make a mistake and is owning up to it. Plus, we shouldn't abandon our friends all because of one mistake."

Wren looked over at Lee, the hope gleaming in his eyes. "Fine, I'll go talk to Fred. See what we can do to fix it."

"Ahh there's the boyfriend I love," Lee said leaning in and planting a small kiss on his lips.

Wren rolled his eyes, but he couldn't shake the smile that was forming on his lips as he watched his boyfriend in adoration.

***

(Y/n) laid in her bed looking up at the ceiling. She knew everyone would be down at the Great Hall for dinner, and she was getting tired of just sitting around moping. She threw on a jacket and opened her door in hopes to sneak down to the courtyard without anyone seeing her.