[ Chapter 46 ]

"Thank you, but I'm going to have to decline," (y/n) said as she felt the guilt rise up in her stomach.

The boy she had just met thirty seconds prior held his head low before nodding. He was a boy from Durmstrang, someone she had seen walk with Krum around the school. "Do you have another date?" He asked, crossing his arms in front of him.

"No, she just doesn't want to go with you," Wren said wrapping an arm around her shoulder. The Durmstrang boy shot Wren a glare before walking away.

"Way that really necessarily?" (Y/n) huffed as she walked down the corridor, her Herbology book in hand.

"(Y/n), that was your fifth proposal to the Yule Ball this week."

"I know, what do you want me to do about it?"

"Say yes to one of them? I mean that guy wasn't bad looking, what was his name again? Izak?"

(Y/n) tried to hold the laughter that was bubbling in her stomach. "I don't even know. I'm just hoping well, you know."

Wren nodded before walking into Herbology class with her. She was hoping that Fred would get the courage and ask her, but they were two weeks away from the ball and she was losing all hope. She had already turned down eight people all together, and at the rate it was all going, she was going to end up alone.

"Good morning everyone," Professor Sprout said, walking up to the front of the class. "Today we will be working in pairs and looking at the properties of fluxweed. I would like an essay written by next class," she stated before going behind her desk and working on a plant (y/n) had never seen before.

"Partners?" Wren asked, moving his hand in front of her dramatically.

"Wouldn't want it any other way," she said as they sat next to each other and began working. (y/n) was already familiar with fluxweed as Angelina had gone over all the healing properties the moment she realized they would be learning about it in their sixth year. It was also one of the main ingredients in the Polyjuice potion.

After an hour of class, (y/n) and Wren grabbed their belongings before heading out to the Black Lake where they were going to meet Angelina, Lee, and the twins. She hadn't realized how much she missed hanging with them all together until they made the plans. Between helping Harry figure out what the second task was and her schoolwork she hadn't had much time to enjoy the company of her friends.

From the outside of the corridor she could already see them. Angelina was currently trying to braid George's hair as Lee sat across throwing grass at them. Fred was laying down looking up at the sky as he pointed at different clouds.

Angelina was giggling, and (y/n) was kind of happy that she had skipped Herbology to spend time with George. 

"WATCH IT!" A Slytherin screamed as she pushed passed student that were walking. "Ungrateful! MOVE!" She said hitting her shoulder into (y/n)'s -making her fall back.

(Y/n) closed her eyes, waiting for the impact of the fall but it never came. It was a moment later that she realized she was in someone's arms. "You caught me?" She asked, allowing it to draw out as a question as she looked up. 

"What was I supposed to do love? Let you fall?"

(Y/n) gained her balance standing up completely as she looked into Cedric's eyes. He was smiling at her as he took a step forward. "Thank you," she said, now realizing that everyone was watching them.

"Look, I know this might make things a little complicated especially with that article about us, but would you do me the honor of being my date to the Yule Ball? I'm in love with (y/n) and I have been for quite some time. So, be mine?" He asked, holding up a single rose.