[ Chapter 65 ]

A/N: A day early or a month late?? Sorry for the delay. Between school, getting into a relationship, a promotion at work, and then some family issues not only did I lose my motivation for this story but I lost time. I've taken this time away to reflect, and focus on my mental health as well as focus on my family. We're so close to the finish line, and I am not giving up on this story. See you next week.

 Also not my best chapter. Trying to get back into the motion of writing again is hard, but I'll try my hardest to not let you all down.

Sometimes (y/n) would close her eyes and picture a time when everything was normal. A time when war wasn't going on, and people she cared about weren't on the verge of death. She would think about her time with Fred, and how he made her feel in every moment.

Most nights she would dream of a happy place not plagued by the nightmares that seemed to haunt her.

She took a deep breath as she followed Malfoy into a clearing. In the last few weeks, there hadn't been a single sighting of any snatchers.

"Maybe they all decided to pack up, and leave."

"I don't doubt it," Malfoy sighed, "maybe we should just call it a night. I'm too tired to continue to be in your presence."

(Y/n) snorted as she looked him over. "Please, you act like I'm not good company."

"You're not."

(Y/n) took one last glance at the clearing before turning around and following Malfoy back into the castle. She had already agreed in her head that she would tell Fred everything that had been going on. She knew she needed to learn how to completely rely on him more.

"This is it?" (Y/n) asked, casting a sideway glance towards Malfoy. "Look, you know if you need anything- ever, I will come."

Malfoy paused for a second before turning around. "Yeah," he whispered before walking out towards the dungeons.

(Y/n) let out a sigh of relief as she climbed up the stairs that would lead her to the common room. She had left a note in Fred's dorm to meet her by the fireplace. She slowly opened up the portrait and stared at the ginger head man who was patiently waiting for her.

"Hi love," he said reaching up to grab her hand and pull her down next to him.

"Hi Freddie," she said taking a seat and resting her head in his lap. She closed her eyes as he moved his hand into her hair. "There are some things I need to tell you," and she did. She told him everything. She no longer wanted to hold him back.

Fred listened intently, never interrupting her as she confessed what she had been doing. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't upset that she didn't tell him. She was off risking her neck with Malfoy of all people.

"(y/n)," Fred whispered after she was done telling him everything that had happened the last few weeks. "First, I love you, and I'm really glad that you're safe. Second, I wish there was something I could have done to at least help you in all this. Your safety is everything to me."

(Y/n) nodded wrapping her arms around Fred's waist as she apologized profoundly. "I'm sorry Fred. I just don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to you."

"What about me? How do you think it would affect me if I lost you? You're my everything."

(Y/n) finally met his eyes, "I'm sorry," she said. "No more secrecy, promise." She said leaning forward and planting a small kiss on his lips. Fred leaned in, moving his hands around her lower back as he pulled her in closer, deepening the kiss.