[ Chapter 10 ]

A/N: Enjoy this super long chapter! There was a lot I needed to fill in before the end of the school year. Each school year (if you haven't guessed already) is going to have about 10 chapters in it.

(Y/n) sat hunched over in her chair as she looked over her notes. She was having a hard time concentrating on her work. It wasn't that the lesson was boring, it was just that Professor Quirrell would not stop going on and on about zombies. It was a known fact that people treated his class like a joke- a joke because, well he was one. He never went into detail about what they were actually supposed to be learning and would occasionally change the subject to represent the weather or how he got his turban.

It was almost the end of the year, and the tests were coming up. Even though (y/n) had been spending a great amount of time with Hermione to study she had missed the most recent prank Fred and George had pulled. Apparently, they had charmed all the Slytherins to have orange hair.

She tried not to get upset at the mere fact that the twins didn't even tell her about it. She wouldn't have even caught on if the Slytherin's didn't share a class with Gryffindors in Defense Against the Dark Arts.

She had been keeping her distance from the twins lately, blaming it on the upcoming test but in truth she just didn't know how to not be awkward. Her feelings that she tried so hard to keep hidden away were seeping through by the moment because of one stupid incredible kiss.

"Pst. Pst."

(Y/n) looked to her side, completely lost in thought as she met Lee's eyes.

"What?" She asked slightly annoyed. The last thing she needed was for Professor Quirrell to give them a detention for talking.

"I just wanted to catch up."

"Catch up?" She asked eyeing him suspiciously.

"Well no offense but for the last few weeks you have been completely awol. I get we have our exams coming up and all, but I miss seeing my best friend. You're the only sane one in the group."

(Y/n) looked at Lee, feeling slightly guilty that she had been distancing herself from him. She hadn't even truly mean to- at least not to him. Now meeting his eyes, she saw something flash. He was sad, and for good reason.

"I'm sorry Lee. I miss you too," she said reaching out and grabbing his hand. "How about tonight we sneak out just us two and do a little pranking on the twins?"

His eyes lit up immediately nodding his head back and force.

"You got yourself a deal."

"Jooordann- er Carrter is there um something you you like to discuss to erm the class?" Professor Quirrell asked stuttering as he made his way to the back of the classroom.

"No sorry sir," (Y/n) said slowly smiling at her professor. He just nodded as he continued his lecture on zombies.

Little did (y/n) know that she would never make it to pranking the twins.

***

(Y/n) walked arm in arm with Lee as they made their way to the Great Hall, with Angelina following close behind. As they entered, they took their usual seats towards the end of the table.

"Bloody hell I swear I wasn't trying to kill the young girl."

"Oh yeah? Then what were you trying to do?"

(Y/n)'s head shot up as she heard the twins come closer. She took a deep breath as she tried to calm her breathing. It was just her best friend. Just her best friend.