[ Chapter 25 ]

A/n: 3,100 words like what??

(Y/n) slumped down in her chair letting out a sigh as she looked over to Wren. Books were scattered around the table, but they weren't any closer to figuring out how to be animagus.

"We're not getting anywhere," she sighed picking up a book and throwing it across the table.

"Whoa is everything okay here?"

(Y/n) and Wren looked up to see Cedric standing there- a book in his hand as his bag was slumped over his shoulder.

"Cedric, what a lovely surprise," Wren said with a smile. "Everything's fine we're just trying to study for our OWLS."

"It's the first day back and you're already studying?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. (Y/n) just sent him a warm smile as she nodded.

"You can never be too early; did you need help with anything?"

"Well err, I was actually looking for you," Cedric said scratching the back of his head. "This is for you," he said pulling out a small parcel from his bag and handing it to her.

"Cedric, you didn't have to get me anything." (Y/n) said reaching out and accepting his gift.

"It was your birthday; I'm just upset that I'm a day late. I better go, I promised Cho Chang that I would help her with some herbology homework. See you around (y/n)," he said leaning down and placing a kiss on her cheek.

(y/n)'s cheeks burned a bright pink as he walked away. She turned her head to meet Wren's staring gaze. His eyebrow slightly raised.

"What?" She asked, looking down at the neatly wrapped gift.

"Cedric Diggory? He's got it bad for you."

"What? No, he does not. Anyways it doesn't matter because we're just friends. Now lets see what he got me," she said untying the bow and opening the box. She opened it up to see a single red rose and a small diamond in the shape of a heart.

"Yeah definitely looks like a gift a friend gives to another friend," Wren said sarcastically as he opened up another book.

"Doesn't matter," (y/n) said shooting him a glare. "Anyways we're not really getting anywhere, and I have to go to potions in a few minutes. Maybe I can ask Harry to borrow his invisibility cloak and we can check the restriction section of the library tonight. "

"Harry has an invisibility cloak?" Wren asked slightly surprised. He knew those were really hard to come by.

"Oh uh yeah," (y/n) said not knowing if that was information she should of said aloud. Shaking her head she nodded, knowing she could trust Wren. He had become someone who she relied on. "Nearly got me killed a few years back when I used it to get past a three headed dog." (Y/n) said with a laugh.

"Do I even want to know?" Wren asked amused by the whole situation.

"Probably not, I'll talk to Harry during passing and then I can meet you outside your dorm around midnight. Deal?"

"Deal," Wren said holding out his hand for her to shake.

***

(Y/n) barely made it to potions as she had stayed back to help Wren clean up. She opened up the door to see an empty seat next to Angelina.

"You were almost late," Angelina pointed out giving her a questionable look.

"But I wasn't," (y/n) sang taking out her potions book- alongside parchment and her quills.

"Why were you in the library with Wren?" She asked curiosity playing off her tongue.

"He wanted to get a head start on his OWLS, not that I blame him. This year is going to be rough."