[ Chapter 7 ]

Dear (y/n)

I look forward to seeing you over Christmas break! I am glad you are enjoying your year so far. I recently got offered a job as a professor for young kids and have decided to take it. I know it's not like the ministry and the pay is not as good, but I know we will be able to manage. Plus, it is something I have always dreamed of doing. The ministry life is just not for me. I send my best regards to you for your upcoming exams.

Ps I have attached some of your favorite sweets.

Love forever and always,

Aiden.

(Y/n) looked down at the letter she had just received. She had no idea how bad Aiden had hated his work in the ministry. She knew it wasn't a job she had pictured him taking after he had graduated thus the reason she had never said anything before- she just hadn't expected him to quit and leave. A small smile forming on the edge of her lip. She was just glad he found something that he loved. He deserved it.

She looked over to her two roommates that were sound asleep as she reached over grabbing a parchment and quill writing back immediately.

Aiden,

I am so happy for you! Thank you so much for the sweets. You always know how to make my morning even when we are a hundred miles away from each other. I can't wait to hear all about your teaching job. See you tomorrow.

Love you always,

(Y/n) Carter

She looked at the brown school owl as she gently petted his head whispering Aiden so he would know where to go.

She stepped away from the window walking into the bathroom and taking a nice hot shower. It was Saturday morning and the day before she was about to leave for winter break. After feeling content with how she looked in the mirror she walked over to her dresser putting on an old muggle band t-shirt and some jeans as she made her way to the Great Hall.

"(Y/n)!"

She turned around to see both Harry and Ron looking up at her. She tried to hold in a laugh as she examined their appearance. They looked as if they had just woken up. Ron's har was untamed and slightly all over the place where Harry had his shirt untucked and his tie wrapped around his neck instead of his shirt.

"Hey boys what do I owe the honor?" She asked as the three walked into the hall together, taking a seat at the end of the bench. It was closer to 7:00 and the food had just appeared in front of them.

"Well we were hoping you could do us a favor," Harry said as he loaded his plate with food.

"Sure, anything for my two favorite first years," she said grabbing a muffin and nibbling on it.

"We want in on the party tonight," Ron said hopeful, his bed hair making him look a lot younger.

(Y/n) stomach dropped as she looked at the two eager boys. "Anything but that," she said sighing as she looked between the two. "How did you guys even find out about it? It's 3rd years and up."

"Let us just say, Fred and George aren't the quietest people around. Come on (y/n) please!" Ron said reaching over the table and grabbing both of (y/n)'s hands in his.

"Whoa what's happening here?" George asked walking towards the table and taking a seat next to (y/n), sending her a wink. Fred following close behind.

(Y/n) just rolled her eyes as she pulled her hands out of Ron's.

"Well it seems like tweedled dee and tweedled dumb couldn't keep their mouth shut," she said playfully.