[ Chapter 44 ]

(Y/n) had always made sure that being friends with the twins meant that she would never miss class and she would definitely try her hardest when it came down to her academics, but as sixth year came she found that to be very difficult. Her prefect duties not foaming any kind of relief for her.

Now, here she was for the second day in a row missing class and hiding in the Gryffindor common room. She felt sick to her stomach thinking about the night before, and with zero sleep to help energize her she fell sluggishly in the common room couch.

"Now look what we have here Freddie," a voice called out.

(Y/n) let out a small groan as she kept her eyes closed. "Go away," she said letting the armrest dig into the back of her head.

"Now that wasn't very nice, say Georgie do we think a prefect who is supposed to be showing a great example is skipping class for the second day in a row?"

"You know, Freddie I think you're absolutely right. Hey, we should try our new invention on her!"

(Y/n)'s eyes shot up as she looked at the twins who were hovering over her with a mischievous smile on their face. She rolled her eyes as she sat up. "Happy?"

"Ecstatic," they said sitting next to her.

"You look like you haven't slept," Fred said looking her over. Her eyes had dark circles around them, and though she was smiling he saw through it. Her skin looked grey, and she seemed to be a million miles away.

"That's because I haven't," she said, looking down at her hands as she played with them. "Rough night."

"Is it the nightmares?" George asked, looking over at her worriedly. "I swear Madam Pomfrey can probably give you something for them. You don't always have to embrace them like you do."

"Thanks Georgie, but uh no. I used the crystal glazer last night. Oh no!" (Y/n) said jumping up from the couch. "Harry! Where is Harry?"

"Uh I don't know, maybe the Great Hall?" Fred suggested looking slightly alarmed. "Oi where are you going?"

"I got to go find Harry!" (Y/n) said racing out of the Gryffindor common room and out towards the Great Hall. She ignored the strange stares she received as she busted through the doors and straight to the raven hair boy. "Harry!" (Y/n) said plopping herself down at the table where he was currently sitting with Neville.

"(Y/n)?" Harry asked. "You're uhh you know you're in your pajamas?"

"What?" She asked looking down to realize that she never had changed into her uniform. "That's not what's important right now. Dragons. That is the first task."

Harry looked alarmed as his pupils grew big and he started to shake his head. "Dragons? Are you sure?"

"I saw it, in the crystal glazer. You're going to need to start preparing. Hey, where's Ron and Hermione?" (y/n) asked looking around the table. She couldn't remember a time when the trio weren't seen together.

Harry just let out a huff as he chewed on his sandwich. "Ron still being a git. Thinks I put my name in the cup. Like I would want all the glory."

"Harry, I'm sorry," (y/n) said putting a hand on his shoulder. "He'll come around. I promise. Are you going to go to Hogsmeade tomorrow? It's the first trip of the year."

"No, I think I'll just stay back in the castle and catch up on some spells. If I'm going to be battling a dragon I need to at least know how to protect myself."

"Right," (y/n) said nodding before getting up from the table. "I'll buy you some sweets from Honeydukes and then come find you to help you out." She said sending him a smile which he returned. She was about to walk out when something caught her eye. "What's that?" She asked pointing to a Hufflepuff who was sporting a new badge.