[ Chapter 38 ]

"So you're telling me that this summer you accidently set your kitchen on fire?"

(Y/n) held her stomach as she laughed, leaning into Wren's side. The prefects meeting had just ended and Cedric was currently telling them what he had done over the break. 

"I wish I could of seen that. Golden is what it is." Wren said, standing up from his seat. "It was good seeing you Ced, but we're going to head back to our friends."

"Yeah, not a problem. Actually (y/n) do you mind staying back for a second?"

(y/n) looked over to Wren who gave her a questionable look but she just nodded him on as she took the seat next to Cedric. "Sure, what's up?"

"Well I actually wanted to give you this. Happy Birthday," he said holding up a silver box. 

"Cedric," she whispered looking at the box as he sent her a charming smile. "You didn't have to." She opened the box to see a small diamond necklace. Similar to the one he had given her a few years back except this one was a heart. "I can't accept this."

"No returns, I'm going to go find Cho. I'll uh see you later," he said walking off leaving her alone in the hall. She stuffed the box in her jacket pocket only realizing that she still had Charlie and Bill's gift to open. She walked into an empty compartment pulling out each gift and opening them slowly. 

She smiled down as she saw that Charlie had gotten her a dragon charm to go on her bracelet that was seeming fuller by the day. Bill, however went above and beyond by giving her a mood amplifier. It was a small ring that changes colors based off of her mood. Similar to what muggles called a mood ring, but actually worked. 

A soft knock pulled her out of her thoughts as the door slid open. "You never came back."

"Fred," she whispered, sliding over so he could take a seat next to her. "I missed you."

Fred smiled down at her as he put an arm around her shoulder pulling her in closer to his chest. "I feel  like this is going to be a good year."

"Me too," she said closing her eyes. 

***

(y/n) felt a soft tug on her sleeve pulling her out of an empty sleep. She opened her eyes to see Fred smiling down at her. 

"We're almost at Hogwarts, you might want to change into your robes."

She nodded, untangling herself from his arms as she got up and headed to the girls bathroom-  slipping on her robe. She held back a yawn as she made her way to Fred to find the compartment completely empty. She shook her head as she walked further down the hallway where the rest of her friends were. 

"Well there's our little princess," Wren said with a laugh as she opened up the door. 

"Very funny, where's Fred?"

"Right behind you love."

(Y/n) turned around to see Fred in his uniform as he moved inside the compartment and took a seat. She sat next to him, putting her legs in his lap as she rested her head on Angelina.

"So what did Cedric want to talk to you about?" Wren asked leaning slightly forward as if she had some juicy gossip to tell. 

"Cedric?" Lee asked, looking over to Fred.

"He just wanted to give me a birthday gift, that's all," (Y/n) said rolling her eyes as she traced circles in her leg.

"What did Cedric give you?" Fred asked, looking her over. 

"It's really nothing."

"Okay, then just tell us," he spat out. 

(Y/n) just sighed as she pulled the diamond necklace out if her pocket and threw the box towards Wren.