[ Chapter 1 ]

(Y/N) stood outside of platform 9 ¾, her hands tightly clung together as she watched in amazement as all the people rushed around her. Today was her eleventh birthday, and the day that she would be able to attend Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.

"Well go on then, you aren't shy, now are you?"

She looked up at her brother, Aiden. He wasn't actually her brother, more like a guardian. He was young. Only twenty and had immediately took (y/n) in when both her parents had died a few years back due to complications. She was also a muggle born. A person who didn't have magical parents.

"What if I get sorted into a house I don't want?" She asked shyly trying to hide the concern in her voice. Aiden just gave her a sheepish smile as he pulled her into a hug.

When Aiden had gone to Hogwarts, he was immediately placed into Hufflepuff. He was a sweet young kid who had lived around the corner from (y/n). Occasionally babysitting when her parents had to leave for work. They had been quite close, so it was only fitting that he wanted to look out for her when her parents died. Especially since she had no known family.

"(Y/N) you're going to be amazing no matter what house you get put into. Any house would be lucky to have you. Now go on before you miss the train. Also don't forget to write me!"

(Y/N) smiled before giving him one quick hug, hiding the nerves that were itching to escape from her stomach as she turned away to walk onto the platform.

She walked down rows and rows of compartments until she found one that was completely empty. Feeling slightly proud she opened it up and took a seat inside. Wrapping the jacket she had chosen to wear closer to her body as the autumn air swept through.

(Y/N) closed her eyes trying to take in all the excitement. It was finally happening. It was only fitting that her birthday landed on September 1st. Now every year on her birthday she would be reminded that she was more than the boring weird girl from her muggle school.

The compartment door forcefully slid open causing (y/n) to slightly jump as she opened her eyes. Staring in front of her were two ginger head boys. Identical, even as she tried to look for differences in their face, she was slightly stumped.

"Hi is this seat taken?" One of the boys asked pointing to the seat across from her.

She just shook her head no gesturing for them to sit down.

"Hi! I'm Fred Weasley. I'm the handsome one out of the two of us," he said shooting one hand towards his twin and the other out for (y/n) to take.

This made (y/n) laugh as she looked between the boys before taking his hand slowly.

"And I'm George, the one with manners," George said reaching over to grab her hand slightly shaking it once Fred had let go.

"I'm (y/n) Carter." She said softly trying to hide the nerves in her voice.

"What house do you reckon you'll get put into?" One of the twins asked.

She still wasn't quite sure who was who as they both looked out to her. She sat there for a second while pondering. She knew Gryffindor were brave, Hufflepuffs were loyal, Ravenclaws were competitive, and Slytherin were driven. She just shrugged towards the twins not sure how to answer their question.

"I hope I get into Gryffindor," both twins said at the same times making (y/n) laugh. They were rather charming, and as the boys scooted in closer, they told her all about the pranks that they would want to do once they stepped foot in the door.

"A what?" (Y/N) asked for the third time as Fred and George tried to explain what a dungbomb was.

"It's a dungbomb, it causes this gas smoke to go up causing everyone to choke as a putrid odor is released when thrown."