[ Chapter 18 ]

Fred hung his head low as he sat at the table with George, Lee and Wren. An uneasy feeling brewing at the bottom of his gut. "I never slept with her," he whispered.

"I know Freddie, but it doesn't look good that you were strutting her around not to long ago, and now she's kissing your cheek and saying how you guys hooked up."

"I'll talk to (Y/n), and I'll make it right. I promise," he said resting his head in his hands.

"You better Weasley," Wren said throwing him a disapproving look. "We better head back to the castle. It's already getting dark."

"Ahh Mr. Weasleys, and Mr. Jordan I need you to come with me right now," Professor McGonagall's voice echoed through the broomstick as she made her way to the fours table. "Mr. Thompson I think it's best if you come as well. Follow me now."

Fred anxiously walked alongside the three as they made their way into the castle and through the first floor-stopping outside the hospital wing door where Professor McGonagall slowly turned around, a sorrow look on her face.

"This might come to a shock to you four. We are doing everything that we can. You can go inside."

Fred walked inside first as he made his way through the room. As he approached one of the beds he froze. Angelina was curled up crying as she clutched (y/n)'s hand.

A heart wrenching feeling exploded in Fred's chest as he looked at (y/n)'s body. Tears starting to swell in his eyes as she laid there motionless. "No," he whispered as George came to stand next to him. George placed a hand on his shoulder breaking him from his dark thoughts as more tears fell down his face.

Fred looked at his twin, an almost pleading look asking if this was some terrible joke, but as the tears fell from George's eyes he knew that this was all too real. "This is all my fault. I told her we would protect her. I promised."

"Fred, this is not your fault," George said as he stepped closer to the bed, placing a hand on Angelina's shoulder. "What happened?"

"I don't- I don't know," Angelina said through her tears. "I went after her, and then I found her laying on the ground her eyes there just," she stopped, sobbing in the sheets as she tried to process the right words. "They won't close."

Fred shook his head backing away. "I got to get out of here." He said racing out the door and bumping into someone. "Oh, sorry Harry."

"It's true isn't it? (Y/n) she's-" Harry stopped as he looked at Fred's face.

"Fred! Wait!" Wren and George called.

"Yeah, look I have to go." Fred said running through the corridor, falling into an empty classroom letting the sobs enter his body. He clutched his chest with his hand as he tried to control his emotions.

"Freddie."

Fred looked up to see his twin and leaned into his chest sobbing. "I love her Georgie. I love her and I messed up. She's my best friend. My whole world. I don't care if we're young, she's my everything and I messed it up. She's lying in a bed petrified thinking I had sex with someone who was horrible to her. What if she never wakes up?"

"Fred, she will. (Y/n) is one of the strongest girls I know. She will be fine. Come on, let's get you back to the common room."

Fred nodded as he let George lead him back to the seventh floor. He didn't look at anyone as he made his way up to the boy's dormitory and straight into his bed. Sleep wouldn't come. He was scared that he would close his eyes and that she would be permanently gone.

Everyone getting petrified was still a new thing. It had already taken Collin and now (Y/n). What if they wouldn't be able to figure out how to fix them back. The guilt was eating Fred alive, and as he closed his eyes the only thought was he was going to tell her how he felt.

The next morning came all to soon, and as Fred lifted his head from the pillow he saw that the sun hadn't even risen yet. He knew he was just going to skip classes today, so he went to the infirmary. Flowers were resting on her bedside. She looked so pale and yet so free as he placed a hand on her cheek. Her skin was soft and smooth, a feature Fred really liked about her.

"Hi, (Y/n) I know you can't hear me which is why I think I finally have the courage to get this off my chest. I am completely in love with you. I have been since the first time I saw you in the compartment train. When you were so scared about what house you would be in because you felt you weren't worthy. You are, you're worthy and perfect and everything about you brightens up my day. I love you. I love you then, I love you now, and I will always love you. Please wake up." A small tear falling down his cheek. "I don't care if we're only fourteen and barely know what is right. I will always adore you. I never hooked up with Hazel. I was a jealous git seeing you with Wren, and it was completely stupid. I am so stupid."

"You're not stupid."

Fred looked up to see Aiden staring down at him, a sad smile on his face. "I think (Y/n) is really lucky to have you in her life. She is going to be okay Fred. Don't blame yourself." He placed a hand on Fred's shoulder and gently squeezed. "We all make mistakes."

Fred sat down in a chair; a calming silence waved through the air as the two sat there. Aiden had looked like he didn't get any sleep. (Y/n) might have not been blood but she was his sister. "She wrote to me, saying that she thought something bad was going to happen, and I ignored it. I told her not to worry because nothing would happen," Aiden said breaking the silence.

"There was no way you would have known," Fred said.

Fred didn't know how long he sat in that chair, holding (y/n)'s hand. Aiden had left two hours after Fred's confession, and George had joined him a little while later. Madam Pomfrey tried to kick them out, but both twins wouldn't budge.

Angelina, Alicia, and Katie had stopped by bringing the twins food and checking up on (Y/n). Cedric and Wren came to drop off some more flowers and chocolate hoping they would brighten up (Y/n)'s mood when she woke up. Hermione, Ron, and Harry also stopped by saying a few words of encouragement as they dropped off dinner.

"Any new news?" Lee asked coming in to sit next to George.

"No, nothing."

A silence fell onto the three as they stared at their best friend. "Do you think she's in pain? She seems quite peaceful."

"I hope she is. I truly hope that she's alright."

A/N: Listening to Driver's license by Olivia Rodrigo while I write this chapter.