[ Chapter 59 ]

A/N: Welcome to a new year, and more chapters. I am finishing this story this year. 

(y/n) sat in between Fred and George as they waited for the first years to be sorted in the Great Hall. It was a joyful feeling to be back in the place she saw as her home. Wren and Lee sat in front of her, clutching their hands together to make up for the lost time. 

Once (y/n) and Wren were able to explain what the order was, and what they had truly been doing for the last three months, their was no denying the relief Lee felt. She knew he was still mad for not receiving a single letter, especially when they had found out that she had slipped out to meet Harry- but once it was talked about, all was forgiven. 

"Whose that lady up there?" Angelina asked, looking up towards where the professors sat. 

"Looks like a unicorn threw up on her," George said with a laugh. 

"Definitely seems like a delight," Ron mumbled as he rested his chin under her arm. 

"It's that Umbridge woman!" Harry yelled from two seats down, causing (y/n) to slightly jump in her seat as she looked over to him. 

"Who?" She asked, meeting his eye, and looking up at the women that was covered head to toe in pink. 

"She was at my hearing, she works for Fudge!"

"Nice cardigan," said Ron, smirking as he shook his head. "Maybe you can ask her for some fashion advice, right Fred?"

Fred just sent his little brother a glare as he shook his head.

"What on earth is she doing here, then?" Hermione asked as she placed a gentle hand on Harry's arm." Surely they would have a reason for making her our new professor right?"

"They're scared," Ginny said, reaching over and taking a sip of her pumpkin juice. "It's the only logical explanation."

(Y/n) shook her head, agreeing with the young Weasley, making eye contact with the pink lady, known as 'Umbridge.' She was about to whisper to Fred when the sea of young heads entered the Great Hall. 

A long line of scared-looking first-years entered, led by Professor McGonagall, who was carrying a stool on which sat an ancient wizards hat, heavily patched and darned with a wide rip near the frayed brim.

 The buzz of talk in the Great Hall faded away. The first-years lined up in front of the staff table facing the rest of the students, and Professor McGonagall placed the stool carefully in front of them, then stood back.

"How many little ones do you think we'll get this time around?" Wren asked as he looked around at the timid kids. 

"Wren, you do realize that you're not a Gryffindor right?" (y/n) laughed, shaking her head. 

"I think the blue is fading on his cloak," George joked as he pointed his wand to Wren. "I mean it was only a matter of time before you joined us permanently."

"Well, now that we are all digesting another magnificent feast, I beg a few moments of your attention for the usual start-of-term notices," Dumbledore said, looking out towards each table. "First-years ought to know that the Forest in the grounds is out-of-bounds to students—and a few of our older students ought to know by now, too."

(y/n) only rolled her eyes as both Fred and George snickered next to her. 

"Mr. Filch, the caretaker, has asked me, for what he tells me is the four-hundred-and-sixty-second time, to remind you all that magic is not permitted in corridors between classes, nor are a number of other things, all of which can be checked on the extensive list now fastened to Mr. Filch's office door."