[ Chapter 26 ]

(Y/n) thought trying to convince Professor Lupin to teach her and Wren a Patronus spell would be the hardest part of the operation, but she was so wrong. It was definitely the fact that she was hiding a mandrake leaf in her mouth. Which resulted in all foods and drinks to taste horrible- and trying not to swallow it when she ate, slept, or talked.

She decided not to ask Cedric for help and nicked it from Professor Sprouts greenhouse while Wren distracted her.

Wren suggested they do a month of silence which is what they were currently doing, but it just raised more questions among their friends who were getting very suspicious. Lee was getting fed up because Wren wouldn't kiss him, and Fred and George weren't too happy when (y/n) wouldn't tell them what was going on.

It had been a few months since the encounter with Professor Snape and Professor Lupin and (y/n) still hadn't been able to wrap her head on what was going on.

Luckily for both of them their month was about to end right in time for the Halloween feast. (Y/n) followed Wren to the Room of Requirements their steps slow and heavy.

"You ready?" Wren asked.

"Desperately- on the count of three- one, two oi you were supposed to wait!" (y/n) yelled as Wren pulled the leaf out of his mouth.

"Sorry but this little guy is nasty, and I'm done," he said with a laugh as they set their leaf aside. "Ready for the feast?"

"You don't have to tell me twice," (y/n) said linking arms with him and skipping to the Great Hall. "Do you think maybe it's time we tell everyone? I know we wanted to wait but it seems you and Lee fight every day and the twins are so close from disowning me," she said with a sigh.

Just the other night she had got into a small argument with Fred- which consisted of her throwing her arms out in front of her and spelling words with her wand because she wasn't talking. Something that apparently really bothered him.

"Are you cheating on me with (y/n)?"

(Y/n) turned around to see Lee, Fred, and George standing outside the Great Hall. Fred had his arms crossed and wouldn't even make eye contact with her as Lee and George stared them down.

"What?" (Y/n) asked slightly taken aback.

"Oh, look everyone she speaks," Fred said with a huff.

"Look, there is a reason we've been spending so much time together, and haven't been talking," Wren said sending his friends an apologetic look.

"Well, this should be interesting let's hear it," Lee said.

"Wait- not without Angelina. She deserves to know." (Y/n) said looking around hoping the young black girl would pop up.

"She's already inside, I'll go get here," George said turning away- returning moments later with his girlfriend.

"What is going on?" She asked- irritated that she got pulled out right when the feast was going to begin.

"We can't do it in here follow us," (y/n) said taking them to the room of requirement. The walk to the stairs and up to the seventh floor was beyond intense. Angelina was the only one in her friend group that didn't seem to question her actions which she was grateful for. She knew the girl was curious, but Angelina had been friends with (y/n) long enough to know that she would tell her in her own time.

"The room of requirement, really?" Fred asked.

"Just get inside."

(y/n) took a breath before heading inside with the rest of the gang. Wren followed closely behind her resting a hand on her shoulder for support.