♣Chapter 49♣

A little bit of red, a tinge of orange, some yellow and black. Yes! It definitely suits the background and will enhance the portrait.

Urghhh!!!!! This painting is consuming a lot of time than I thought. My post graduation is really doing a great job in keeping me away from my passion. It's like, living a life without chocolates. And that thought itself is so horrible!

I've been working on this painting from the last two months, and its still yet to be completed. I sigh, as I get back with the strokes on my canvas. It feels so good to hold the brush after so many days. The upcoming exams and projects have really kept me busy.

But, I need to complete my painting withing these three to four days. It's a special one that I am working on, to gift my husband on his birthday. That falls exactly two days after my exams.

Last month was my birthday, and Zacharias had gifted me with a sports car. A BMW I8. And I absolutely loved it. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I received a lot of gifts on my birthday. My parents had sent a lot of gifts for me from home, but my husband's gift stands at the top. Zacharias has clearly warned me, that I won't be able to drive the car, until I am done with the exams.

Huh! I can't wait to get over with my exams. It's so tiring....God, I am so badly waiting to get done with my post graduation. Six months more, and I am done!

"There you are!" My head snaps from my canvas board to my husband, who is walking towards me. I quickly cover my painting and stand on my feet.

"You should not be here..." I blurt out.

He raises his eyebrow, placing his hands in his pockets. "You mean to say I am not allowed to come in this room?"

My eyes distend at his words, quickly shaking my head, I reply, "No...No...I didn't mean that. What I mean to say is, I am working on something, and that's a surprise for you...."

"You are painting for me?"

I nod my head shyly, causing his lips to tug upwards in a smirk. He pulls me towards him and plants his lips on mine.

"Mhmm....Zach....My hands are dirty with paint." I mumble between the kiss.

"Do you think I give a fuck about that?" He growls in my ear.

"But, your clothes will get dirty.." I reason out.

"I don't care..." He murmurs, before pulling me back for the kiss.

Yet, I keep my hands away. The last thing I want is applying paint on his white shirt.

"You had your dinner?" He asks, pulling away.

"No" I reply, shaking my head.

"Good. Get ready, I am taking you out."

My face lights up in excitement. "Really?"

"Well, what can I say...My wife was complaining me the other night, that I don't spend much time with her. So, I thought of taking her out. Now, go get ready, we are leaving in half an hour."

"Thank you, you are the best!" I squeal, jumping in his arms and kissing his cheeks making him snicker.

Cleaning my hands, I run out of the room, but stop mid step and look at him, causing him to raise his eyebrow, "Hey...But no peeking into my work..." He laughs, as I run out of the room.

'No! I can't take a chance.'

I again run back and pull him with me out of the room, making sure to lock it behind me.

He chuckles, "What is so important, that you don't even want to show me?"

"Didn't I tell you already? It's a surprise..." I huff, frowning at him, as I rest my hands on my hips.