♣Chapter 26♣

Zacharias Ivanov in third person P.O.V

"Fuck! Artyon, I don't know what to do so that she gets freedom from her nightmares and panic attacks. That swine had successfully managed in giving her a deep wound, that have turned into her worst nightmares." The most infuriating thing is, the nightmares she is suffering are, fucking bits from her past. Zacharias groaned enraged, thinking about the pain his wife was going through, as he raked his fingers through his hairs tugging at them frustratingly.

It had been a week, since he had bought his bride back to New York. Instead of bringing her to the manor, he had thought of bringing her to one of his secluded ocean side villas, so that he would be able to spend some time with his newly wedded wife. But to his luck, the work load increased due to his sudden visit to India. He had cancelled a lot of important meetings, cause claiming his angel was more important than anything else to him at that moment.

Besides, he was also planning a wedding a surprise wedding for his family. He wanted his family to witness his wedding. Had it not been for those bizarre circumstances, he would have never married without his family.

To top it all, these shitty workloads were not at all helping him, leading him to dig his head in those paper files and documents. The only time he spent with her were at nights. He would sneak beside her on the bed when she was fast asleep, holding her in his arms and would wake up before her. She never knew that they always slept together.

Zacharias would see her cry everyday, ripping his heart out, with her every single tear.

Forcing her to talk to her parents was a bad idea. He thought, she would be happy to get back her bracelet he had kept for her on the dresser in the morning. Her father had handed it to him before leaving. But, every single fucking thing backfired.

She cried reminiscing the memories, and he felt as if he had rubbed a heap of salt on her wounds, when he forced her to talk to her family. That broke the thin string that she was holding onto, unconsciously triggering the incident at the wedding, making her fall into endless pit of horrible nightmares. Zacharias was busy going through his files in his office, when he heard her screams. He quickly diverted his attention to the screen to see her screaming and writhing on the bed.

Zacharias sprinted out of his office towards their bedroom. He quickly took her in his arms rocking her back and forth trying to assure her that she was safe and no one is going to harm her, while whispering sweet nothings in her ear. It was after what felt like five to ten minutes, when her screaming and writhing stopped and she went back to sleep but not before making him promise that he won't ever leave her. His heart leaped in joy as he heard her saying never to leave her. One thing was sure, though subconsciously, she trusted him and felt herself safe with him.

Adiva snuggled more into his chest, clinging onto him, afraid that he would leave her. Zacharias slept beside her, holding her tightly in his arms, caressing her small back while gently stroking her soft hairs with his long fingers.

Zacharias didn't realized when he fell asleep beside her. It was something 1:30 in the afternoon when he woke up to see his angel sleeping peacefully in his arms. He couldn't help but admire her beauty, as he caressed her soft cheeks. He stopped when he saw her stirring in her sleep. He quickly got up and left the room, meanwhile summoning Artyon to meet him at his office.

Zacharias looked at Artyon to find him engaged in deep thoughts. "Are you gonna say something or no?" He asked, aggravatingly.

"Why don't you bring her back to the manor Zach? Look, listen to me intently and try to understand what I'm saying, before reaching to the conclusion. Zach, she is alone here in this big villa. She has no one to talk except Maisie. And if we talk about you, she is already too scared of you. Her thoughts run back to her family whenever she is alone. If you bring her back to the manor, she will be happy to see Khristina and Anastasia and she is already fond of kids too. This will help her in diverting her mind as they will keep her occupied making her to automatically think less about her pain. Are you getting me?" Artyon spoke, looking into his eyes, trying to know what was going on in his mind.