♣Chapter 52♣

The wind lashed violently, as he fell through the sky. Zacharias felt himself tugging upwards, as soon as he activated the parachute, but suddenly a sharp pain erupted from his left arm. A small blade of the chopper hit him hard. He could feel the blood oozing out of his arm. Zacharias had hardly bent his head to glance a look at the injury, when he saw Nathan falling from above him, his parachute hit and engulfed in flames. Zacharias quickly lurched towards him and caught hold of his arm, before he could fall to death. A look of gratitude passed through Nathan's eyes, as he gaped at his savoir.

The loud boom still echoed in their ears, as the chopper exploded in flames, and pummeled down with a high speed. It's debris falling to the ground and creating a loud bang. Nathan looked at his boss in horror.

One thing had turned out to be good though. They were flying above the forest area and not some civilization, or else it would have been proved impossible for them to jump down without maneuvering the chopper away from the civilization.

After what felt like hours, they landed on a clearing, somewhere deep inside the forest area and close to the ocean. By one look he could feel Nathan still trembling under shock. Gulping the lump in his throat, Nathan spoke, "K-Korol'...How?"

"There was a gravity projectile under your seat. A very cataclysmic one. You couldn't hear it under the headphone and sounds of the chopper." Zacharias imparted scanning the area, as he held his injured arm.

Nathan's eyes widened when they landed on his injured arm. "Korol'! You are injured.." He cried out. The blood was dripping down his fingers, and to the ground. "Please let me tend to it.." He implored, reaching out for his injured arm.

"Not now Nathan...We don't have time for this fucking shit...We need to get out of this goddamn forest..." Zacharias spoke, scanning the area.

It was something in the middle of the night, and there was no way they could receive any help. He heightened his senses, so that he could find some way, or any clue to get out of the damn forest. As he carefully paid attention, he could hear the sound of crashing waves.

'It has to be somewhere near. I very well remember seeing it from above...' He pondered, as he started dragging himself towards the source of the sound, while Nathan trailed behind him.

After walking for about an hour or so, they both stopped in front of a clearing. There, in front of them laid the vast ocean glistening under the moonlight. Zacharias was sweating heavily and was enervated due to blood loss. He staggered towards the tree and fell down.

"Korol'!" Nathan cried out and immediately reached to his aid. Removing his jacket, he rolled over and placed it under his leader's head. Zacharias observed there were no signs of human life, hence proving it difficult to contact his family.

Nathan removed the water bag tied on his waist and held it out for his Korol'. Drinking the water, Zacharias tried getting up, and pushed himself in a sitting position, his back resting against the tree. Nathan helped in removing the Jacket and inspected the injury.

"Please let me tend your injuries Korol'.." Zacharias gave a curt nod to his request. Tearing off the blood soaked sleeve, he gasped at the deep cut, but nonetheless got to work. Washing the cut with water, he removed his tie and bandaged his arm. He washed the blood soaked cloth and tried his best in controlling the blood flow.

Zacharias gritted his teeth. His face turned pale due to the blood loss. Suddenly a loud continuous beep echoed in the silent night.

"Get my phone, that's the signal we are receiving." Zacharias spoke through ragged breaths. Without wasting a second, Nathan grabbed his jacket and fetched out the device, before handing over to his owner. Shaking his head, Zacharias cleared the haze from his eyes, as he struggled dialing Artyon's number. Artyon received his call on the very first ring.