♣Chapter 16♣

The next month went by, with me, preparing for my final exams. Today was my last paper and I have my convocation four days from now. I should be excited but I am not, as I dread the upcoming wedding. "Hey Addie, how was your paper?" Riya asks excitingly as I put my writing pad and pens in my bag. "Good" I reply, as I shrug my shoulders. Riya sighs looking at me, "Common Adiva cheer up... Hey, why don't we go to the 'Lucky Star's' what say?" She suggests, going to our usual restaurant.

"No Riya, I am really tired. I just want to go home and sleep." I reply. "Oh Common Adiva just this once. Later, you will be getting married by the next week. God knows when we will be able to spend our time together. Lets treat for ourselves this last time before your marriage. And this is such a great chance for our treat. We have been just done with our exams, let's celebrate please." She tries to persuade me. "Fine, Let me talk to mom." I slump my shoulders giving up to her request as I fetch my phone from my bag. "Yesss!!!" She hollers pumping her fist in the air making me chuckle.

After the lunch treat with Riya, I ask V.V uncle to drop me home. I am too tired to do anything now. I plop on my bed as soon as I reach home succumbing myself to sleep.

'Ya Allah! For how long was I asleep?' I groan as I try to get up. I panic. Why am I not able to move my hands? I open my eyes only to meet with darkness.I again try to move my body with force but a scream escapes my lips as I feel a sharp pain on both my wrists and ankles. 'Oh God! I am being tied with chains.' I gasp in fear as I hear the clanking of chains. I am being tied on the bed with chains on my hands and legs that restrain my movements. I try frantically to break loose the chains, but to no avail making my eyes well in fear and panic. Just then I see a shadow entering the room. I squint my eyes trying to see who it is. But I only get to see his green eyes.

I again try to free myself from those chains making him laugh maniacally at my situation. "Trying to free yourself pretty face?" He asks, making chills run down my body in a bad way. "Try as much you want pretty face, but you won't be able to get out of them. Finally you are mine and no one can come in between us when I have my way with you. I'll ruin you pretty face.....I'll ruin you and there will be no one to save you from me.....This is how I'll punish you from running away from me." His voice sickeningly iniquitous, as he approaches like a predator towards me making me cower more.

"No......please no.....please let me go....please...." I plead between my cries. "Now, why would I do that? Just look at you....Oh how beautiful you look....being tied, helpless and miserable......completely at my mercy.....Just the way I want." He says, as he runs his finger on my face while slowly crawling over my body trying to touch me making me feel disgusted. He holds my jaw in a tightening grip and tries to kiss me. "No....please leave me.....Ya Allah! please somebody help me...." I cry out as I shake my head, desperately trying to get out of the demon's clutches when suddenly he is being thrown off of my body as I glimpse a shadow towering over me with dark brown eyes as it approaches me rapidly freeing me from the chains and pulls me into his embrace freeing me from the green eyed monster's clutches making me feel safe in his arms. "Shhh.....princess you're safe now...No one dares to take you away from me." I hear a familiar deep velvety husky voice as it's arms gently stroke my shivering form trying to mollify my cries with his soothing words.

I woke up gasping for breath, my forehead covered in sweat. A shriek escapes my mouth as I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Hey...Hey...Api, it's me.." I hear Ziya's soft voice. She hands me a glass of water as she sits in front of me. I gulp down the water taking the glass from her hands. "Another nightmare?" She asks. I nod my head unable to comprehend a single word from my mouth. She hugs me tightly.

"What time is it?" I inquire. "Its 1 in the morning." She replies making me gasp. God I was so tired that I am continuously sleeping since 4 in the afternoon. "Why didn't you wake me up for dinner?' I ask her. "I tried even ma tried waking you but you were fast asleep." She yawns as she replies making me feel guilty. I again woke her up in the middle of the night.