♣Chapter 23♣

Adiva's P.O.V

We are currently in the car driving towards home, as the devil sits beside me. At last I will be united with my family. But, for how long? I don't know...I am just happy that he is at least taking me back home to my parents. He had informed me in the morning after the breakfast that we are leaving to meet my parents. He was ready to take me only when he was convinced that my fever had subsided.

I play with the end of my long sleeves in the silence filled atmosphere. He had cleaned my wounds and reapplied the ointment and bandages in the morning with utmost care making sure not to hurt me. I really don't understand this man, the other night when he hauled me up straight from the wedding to the hotel, he really did scare the hell out of me. I still don't understand why was he angry at me at the first place. It's not like we were some kind of lovers and I broke the promise and cheated on him to marry someone else. Heck, I don't even know him properly, I don't know him nor a thing about him, except that he is a very powerful and a very famous businessman and brother to Khristina. Thinking of Khristina, it's been long since I had a talk with her. I'm such a bad friend, I didn't talk to her since last two months. She was so sweet to me and I have only been a disappointment towards our friendship.

My thoughts are suddenly obstructed as I am abruptly pulled into a hard chest. I look into those dark brown eyes in confusion while supporting myself with my hand on his shoulder, as he releases my lip from my teeth, while intently staring at them, with lust filled in his eyes.

"Stop biting them, before I lose control on myself and kiss the life out of those lips..." He groans huskily, tracing my lips with the pad of his thumb, making my cheeks turn a hue of scarlet, while tingles run down my body turning me hot under his gaze.

I quickly turn my head away from him making a chuckle escape his lips. His chuckle is so alluring, bewitching me into a trance. 'Why are all bad men so handsome?' I wonder. My thoughts pull me in the direction when he forcefully made me eat through his mouth and ended up stealing my first kiss. I was so shocked and frustrated as my body reacted to his touches. I felt sparks flying in my body as his lips crashed on my warm ones. It was so wrong, yet it felt so right.

"We have reached sir." The driver announces our arrival. I look out of the window to see the huge gate of our building in front of me. Pulling me into his embrace, he kisses my forehead. "Go" He orders, softly pushing me towards the door.

Is this a dream? He is letting me go? I couldn't believe it.....A vibrant smile plays on my lips as I thank him and get down the car. I bend down and give him a, 'Aren't you coming?' look.

"Later" He replies, before driving out of my sight.

I walk into the building and enter the lift pressing the floor button and wait for it to drive me to my destination.

I am being pulled into a bone crushing hug as soon as the door is opened. "God! We missed you!!" Bhai's sound comes muffled as he speaks, his mouth on my shoulder. I watch him wipe his tears from the corner of his eyes as we pull apart. "I missed you all too bhai..." I smile at him as my own eyes well up with tears.

Then I am being passed onto one by one as they engulf me in a hug, while crying with relief flooded in their eyes. "How is my Jaan?" Dad asks. I just nod my head unable to comprehend any sentence due to my overwhelmed emotions.

"H-How are you dad? How is your injury?" I glance at his body running my hand checking for any pain.

"Calm down honey, I'm perfectly fine." Dad assures, smiling at me.

"Mr.Ivanov did not come?" Pa inquires, looking at the door.

"No Pa, he dropped me at the entrance and left."