♣Chapter 9♣

The doctor went towards Adiva and touched her forehead feeling for a fever. A panic set in Zach's demeanor as he saw a frown on the doctor's face. "What is it?" he asked.. Dr. Martin looked at him as he replied, "Her breathing is very slow.....and her skin.....very pale, her temperature is rising and she has lost a good amount of blood....she has suffered from a mild concussion." He began cutting her sleeves and started removing the glass pieces from her skin with the help of forceps making her whimper in pain. Zacharias quickly strode towards the bed and sat beside her gently caressing her cheeks to soothe the pain.

After about another half and hour, her wounds were cleaned and covered with bandages. An IV was stuck on her wrist to supply glucose and medicines in her body. "I hope we won't need any blood, Martin" Zacharias tried to reassure. "No... fortunately not.....She is just too weak due to blood loss. But she will be fine with the energy provided through the IV bottle." Dr. Martin spoke erasing his doubts. Zacharias sighed in relief before ordering him to take a look at Khristina as the doctor prepared to leave.

Zacharias strode towards the bathroom and removed his shirt that was now soaked in her blood. Quickly taking a shower, he put on a T-shirt and trousers and entered his room. Zacharias sat beside her taking in her sleeping form. A frown formed on his lips when he saw her shivering. He covered her body with a duvet and set on the heater. Her skin felt so soft against his rough hands as he caressed her cheeks with the back of is hand. She looked like a pulchritudinous angel. "My Angel" he spoke possessively.

"What are you doing to me love??.....Why am I not able to remove my eyes from you?" he sighed gazing lovingly at her.

Kissing one last time on her forehead he mumbled in her ear, "I'll be back" and got up to check on Khristina. He closed the door behind him and started walking in the direction of Khristina's room.

Zacharias heard a "come in" as he lightly knocked on his sister's door. He entered her room to find her a crying mess. He quickly reached her and encapsulated her in his arms. "Hey...hey....It's alright....everything is alright sweetheart...." he cooed. "Zac...Zac....it's all because of me that she is suffering.....But I owe her my life...had it not been for her I would not have been sitting in front of you...."she hiccuped while wiping her tears with the back of her hand. "Shh...shh...stop crying now...it's over....don't worry everything is under control and what matters now is that you are safe and sound and at home....she is safe...you are safe...." he assured while hugging her tightly.

"How is she?" Khristina inquired, concerned laced in her voice. "She is still unconscious, she suffered a mild concussion as she hit her head pretty bad, her injuries are being taken care of and she will regain her consciousness by the morning." Zacharias replied.

"Now my dear sister, care to explain me, as to what were you doing alone standing there at the balcony and that too in a completely secluded spot?" Zacharias inquired.

"I was getting bored waiting for you since an hour at the gallery. I thought why not venture other floors and see the work of other renowned artists. There were almost 20mins left for my performance. I called and texted you but you were still busy in your meetings. As I was busy admiring the paintings displayed on the fourth floor, that's when Adiva approached me for a picture. The moment I saw her I felt as if I am seeing an angel, you should listen to her when she talks, her voice is so soft and beautiful. I liked her the moment I saw her. As I helped her with the pictures, she introduced me to her friend and her teacher. Bro, you should see her painting, it's marvelous. Later, when I was having a chat with her group, my phone pinged indicating a message. It was from you." she said showing him her phone. Zacharias checked her phone and indeed there was a message through his number. "A gift is waiting for you.....come to the balcony of the lounge, consider it a compensation gift from me for reaching late....Come soon I'll meet you there...." His blood boiled as he read the message.