♣Chapter 27♣

Adiva's POV

I was so engrossed in reading the book that I failed to recognize a presence behind me. I feel something soft and wet on my right shoulder. Startled, I jump in my seat making the book to fall on the ground. I look up, to find him straightening up, giving me an amused expression. I quickly pick up the book and stand on my feet.

"Pack your bags, we are leaving by 3 in the afternoon." He commands.

What a jerk. Can't he ever speak politely? Always keeps on ordering around.

I scoff, folding my hands. "I am not going anywhere with you." I dare to defy and walk past him, but he quickly jerks me behind and pins me against the wall caging me with his arms on either side of me.

"Don't you dare defy me princess." He admonishes, hissing closer to my face. I quickly cower away more into the wall, but still manage to voice out, "Or..or wh..what?" He chuckles at my brave stance.

"Or else I'll punish you little one..." He leans closer caressing my cheeks with his nose erupting sparks inside my body leading the heat reach my cheeks. "...Wife or not, I won't tolerate impertinence, remember that....Now be a good wife and pack your bags." He caresses my lips, with the pad of his thumb, eyes fixated on them as he speaks.

"Be ready..." He says pecking my forehead, before leaving the room. I release the breath for I don't know how long I was holding, as soon as he closes the door behind me.

Maisie helped me in packing the bags. There was nothing much to pack though, as I did not bother opening the other ones except the one that carried my daily wears.

The guards help in loading the luggage into the cars. Zacharias pulls me towards the black Mercedes Maybach and guides me inside, before coming around and taking his seat beside me. I watch a trail of black cars following us and some ahead of us as soon as the driver pulls the car out of the drive way.

Zacharias pulls the partition making me look confounded at his actions. But, before I could register anything, he pulls me up and places me on his lap, drawing a yelping sound out of my mouth.

"Pl..please p..put me d..down. There is en..enough sp..space on the seat." I stutter out my reasoning.

Instead, he tightens his hold around my waist and rests his head on my shoulder. I can feel his breath through my hijab on my shoulder and neck.

"Please" I try out meekly.

He looks at me with his cold eyes. His eyes challenging me to dare defy him. I gulp inaudibly and realize that its good for me to be quite rather than facing his wrath. I have realized one thing about him, he is a man of few words. It's as if his eyes do the whole talk. But they hardly display any emotions. They are just as cold and intimidating as his demeanor.

Afraid of his anger, I do not dare open my mouth again. But I start feeling uncomfortable as I feel something poking my derriere. I start squirming to readjust my position when I hear a low hiss from his mouth.

"Will you stop doing that?" He growls near my ear making me flinch.

"I-I..am not com...comfortable. Some..something is poking me. Pl..Please at least remove that."

Instead of saying me anything, I hear him laugh out loudly, shaking his head in amusement.

'I am sure I did not say him some kind of a hilarious joke. Then why is he laughing?'

Yet I am completely enthralled by his contagious laughter that resonates in the car. Unknowingly a smile stretches on my lips as I hear his laughter. 'God! Why is everything about him so perfect?'