♣Chapter 7♣

The next day Jackson drove us to the exhibition. It took half an hour to reach the designated location. As we reach the gallery, my gaze fell on the colossal front side of the building, and the large open garden in front of it was mesmerizing. The architecture was both impressive and unique. There were a group of journalist who had come to capture the event.

As we entered the gallery, we found that the place was even larger than we initially thought it would be. There were five floors to the gallery and the inside architecture reminded us the imperial age. We could see the top of the building from the ground floor. Apart from the winners, people from different age groups and countries were closely observing the gallery.

The first floor of the gallery had some structures from different era. The sculptures were protected by a glass and an iron railing to prevent visitors from touching them. The other section had the structures that were sculpted by the participants. We quickly went towards Riya's sculpture and took some pictures with it. She was beaming with excitement as she saw her sculpture being displayed at the International Art Gallery.

The second floor of the gallery consisted of wax statues of different imminent personalities behind the glass and iron railings. The names of those personalities were encrypted on bronze plates in front of the statues.

The third floor was a lounge. It had a restaurant and a coffee house. And the fifth floor was occupied by a large theater. Every floor was occupied with large spectators. Amongst them were some top notch businessmen, celebrities, and artists.

Mine was on the fourth floor. We excitedly sprinted towards fourth floor. There were beautiful paintings displayed on the walls with a spotlight above each painting. The intensity of visible lights in the display space was low enough to avoid object deterioration, but bright enough for viewing. There were about 50-100 paintings of various great artists across the world. Students paintings were displayed in an adjacent room. I find around ten paintings in the room and I was easily able to locate my painting.

A sense of pride filled in me as I saw my painting displayed on the wall in an International Art Gallery. My name was encrypted with my schools name under it. I kept staring at my painting to my heart's content.

"You made our school proud girls." Mrs Rose's voice brought me out of my reverie. When I look at her she is already smiling at us with proud filled eyes. She hugs us beamingly, her eyes gleaming with happiness as me and Riya look at each other smiling knowingly. "Lets take some pics what say?" I ask removing the camera shutter and adjusting its lens.

We took various pics but one, that we wanted was we trio to get in front of the camera and we needed someone's help for that. As we roam our eyes around, I spotted a girl standing in front of a silk painting, her eyes diverted from the painting towards her phone as she tapped her heels softly on the floor. I went in her direction and tapped her shoulder lightly to gain her attention. She turned around making me gasp internally. "Mashallah she is so pretty. She had those pretty beautiful grey eyes that twinkled under the light, her long brown hairs flowing beautifully down her shoulders, a light tint on of pink on her cheeks complemented her pale skin, her height somewhat similar to mine..."Yes?" she said grabbing back my attention that was busy admiring her features.

"Umm...Hi...Would you mind if you help us take some snaps?" I asked gesturing at my camera in my hands. "Sure, why not?" she smiled happily obliging as she extended her hand for the camera. We posed ourselves in front of my painting while she snapped our pics.

"Thank you so much" I say to which she just waves her hand smilingly. "By the way that's an amazing piece of work. Is it your painting?" she asked complementing as her eyes directed towards my painting. "Thanks. And yes it's mine." I stated proudly.