♣Chapter 65♣

It had been more than a week since that humiliating incident was inflicted upon me. I had gotten busy with my exams and was doing my best in avoiding Zacharias. He had been noticing my behavior and had tried to ask me many a times, but I couldn't. I always evaded his questions. I knew I was getting on his nerves. He even got angry at me a few times, but I can't help, my lips are sealed. And that dastard is enjoying every second of my misery. I had gone back to my old self, covering my hairs with my headscarf and wearing all decent clothes even in the confines of our room. I had to remain modest even in the privacy of our own room. I don't mind that. I am protecting my dignity. My body is only for my Zacharias to see. I am his and will always remain to be his, no matter what. I would die before letting anyone touch me or see me.

But the thing that is bugging me the most is, how did he surpass all the security and breach our privacy? I have checked my bag, my laptop, each and every book and even my pens, but found nothing suspicious, nor did I find any spy camera inserted anywhere. Then, how the hell?

Wait, we had called a pest control team a couple of months before. What if one of them was him? But that's beyond impossible to surpass the security. Although one thing is true, nothing can be said about these psychopaths. They go beyond measures to motion out their psychic plans.

Another thought traverses in my brain. If indeed there was a breach, and there were cameras installed, then why wait for two months? Cause I had started receiving those messages since a month now. Then why wait for a month to execute his plan?

No! Given his psychotic behavior, that doesn't make sense. He wouldn't have waited for a day if that had been the case. Besides, the most important point that I forgot to mention is, there are motion sensors around the whole estate. No intruder would dare to enter this humongous manor without being caught. It has to do with something when I was out and  he might have planted it somewhere in one of my belongings. But where? The thought of him reaching me this close without my knowledge itself gives me chills.

For how long will this continue? Will I ever be able to breath without the feeling of my every action, my every step being watched? No! This has to stop. I have to find a way to end this monster's dirty game.

I want to be back in my husband's arms, explain him why am I forced to behave so indifferent. I want him to console me while holding me in his arms, assuring that he will make everything alright. I am yearning for him. Yearning for his love, his touch, his lips on mine as our bodies mingle together, singing their own song. I miss him so much. It feels as if two strangers are forced to bear each other's company.

My nightmares have resurfaced again with a full force. I hardly sleep at night, engaging myself in studies to evade sleep and those horrible nightmares. Zacharias is cooped up in his office on most of the nights and has hardly noticed my sleepless nights. Every person in the household had gotten aware of my indifferent and jumpy behavior and I reasoned it by blaming it on my exams.

I don't realize when sleep overtakes me, but its somewhere around midnight when my body is unable to deal with anymore exhaustion and my eyelids close on their on accord, landing my head on the table with my face planted over one of my opened books.

I don't know for how long, it might be somewhere in the middle of the night, when the study lamp flickers off and I feel myself being hoisted into the air with a pair of familiar arms holding my drowsy body. My subconsciousness dwelling in that intimacy, clings to it, enjoying that warm and soothing hold after what feels like years, and drifting back to deep slumber soon after laid on the soft mattress, cocooning in that familiar warmth.

But very soon I find my wrists and legs tied to the bedpost, my body barely covered with any clothing. I try to release myself but find the restraints digging deeper into my wrists scathing my skin in that process.