♣Chapter 36♣

Today is my first day at the university. I am more nervous than being excited as I feel an inner turmoil of emotions rush inside me. I don't know whether I would be able to get settled in this new atmosphere. A complete different country, their different culture, rules and norms. My mind bombarding with tons of questions. Even Zacharias is not here with me right now, when I need him the most. He had gone on an urgent business trip. It's already been the fourth day without him. And I am missing him. I've got habituated to sleeping in his arms at night, and the emptiness of his arms around me is making me miss him more.

I tried calling him a lot, but not once did he respond to my calls. At first, I entertained myself by thinking that he might be in the middle of some important business affairs, yet its been three days and not once did he receive my calls nor replied to my text messages, escalating my anger and frustration within me.

I don't think he even remembers that today is my first day at the university. Though he had already bought me a new laptop an iPad and all my college accessories with lots of new clothes for my college filling the closet to the brim. I did kept on disinclining that I don't need so much clothes and I already have a lot, but he insisted that I will be requiring them to wear for my college. But, who can win against my husband?

Anyways, I get ready for my college, wearing a white long shirt, blue pants and a long wine colored shrug with a hijab secured on my head. Happiness flickers in my heart as I hear the ringing of my phone. I run towards my phone thinking that my husband has finally got the time to talk to me. But that same hope quickly turns into ashes as I look at my screen. Though I am happy it's mom, but also disappointed that its not my husband.

"Assalamualaikum mom. How are you?" I greet her.

"Walaikumassalam jaan. Alhumdulillah I am good. How are you? Ready for your first day?" Mom inquires enthusiastically.

"I am good mom. I don't know I'm nervous...It's a huge difference you know, India and America."

"Don't worry, everything will turn out to be good. How is your husband? Did he return back from his business trip?"

"No...I don't know when will he return." my voice comes out in a whimper, as I caress my fingers with my thumb. "How is Ziya, bhai, dad and others?"

"They are all good. Your dad, bhai and Pa are busy in an important meeting. They will be reaching home late. Ziya is already asleep. Your Ma is with me talk to her."

She hands over the phone to ma. I talk for another ten minutes before hanging up. For one last time I throw a cursory glance to check everything is there or not in my bag before placing it over my shoulder. I take my phone and chug it in my pocket while closing the door of our room behind me.

"Heyya!! Ready for the first day?" Khristina inquires chirpily, as soon as I enter the foyer.

I shrug my shoulders, as I reply, "I don't know, I'm more nervous than excited."

"It's okay dear, no need to be nervous, Khris is there for you." Ana assures me encircling her arms around my shoulder.

"Yes. I will give you a tour first and then we can commence for our classes. Okay?" I nod my head. "Now common lets take our leave before we get late."

I hug Ana and the kids and Khristina follows, before we walk towards the door.

"Be safe and take care you two.." Anastasia shouts behind us.

"We will" We reply in unison, as we wave goodbye.

Me and Tina, chat during our thirty minutes ride to the university. Jackson ushers us out as soon as we reach our destination. Yes, Zacharias appointed Jackson to be our personal chauffeur, cause he is Christopher's son and one of his trusted man. And he has become kind of a good friend to me.