♣Chapter 46♣

Adiva's P.O.V:-

"Miss Fakih..." Professor Arnold's voice booms in the hallway halting me mid steps making me close my eyes tightly and clenching my palms in annoyance.

"Christ! Adiva he has caught us. I told you he wont let it slide so easily." Clementia whispers beside me.

"I am talking to you Miss Fakih.." I again hear his voice, catching the attention of the students passing by.

I turn towards him plastering a fake smile on my face. "I'll be back in five minutes.." I inform my friend before walking towards the professor who looks at me in pure vexation.

"Yes sir, how may I help you?" I ask him with a saccharine smile on my face, when I very well know why he has called me.

"I clearly remember asking you to wait after the class yesterday." I hear his annoying voice.

I groan, as I roll my eyes internally. "I had some personal matter to deal, which needed my immediate attention."

Looking at me intently, he starts taking predatory steps towards me causing me to instantly take two steps back.

'What the hell is he doing?'

A sinister smirk plays on his lips, making me shudder.

'God where am I stuck up?' I take a look around me and found the hallway almost empty.

"What was so personal that you couldn't spare five minutes after the class?" He interrogates, trying to lean closer to me, but I again move back.

'Ya Allah! Why is he so persistent? Doesn't he has anything to do other than beset me? For god's sake, he is a professor, he sure must be having a lot in his plate other than giving unneeded attention towards one student.'

"I don't think that's any of your business sir.." I reply sassily, looking anywhere else but him. I can feel his intense stare as he grits angrily.

"Show some respect when I am talking to you....I am your professor."

"I am already doing that by standing in front of you sir." I reply calmly, stressing on the word 'sir'. I've never been disrespectful towards my teachers, but this man...He gets on my nerves every single time. He literally creeps me out. I get those bad vibes from him that I used to get when I was engaged to Aman or Kabir whatever his name was.

"I've added your name for the field trip, and you are obligated to come as your punishment." His voice obstructs my thoughts.

"Excuse me?" I look at him shocked.

Are we some kind of a school children playing teacher-student? We are university post graduating students for god's sake!

"You heard me.." He replies cockily, smirking at me.

'This is ridiculous.'

"I am sorry to inform you sir, but I won't be coming." I reply firmly, shattering his hopes.

He looks at me shocked, but quickly masks his emotions with a vile smirk. "You are quite feisty, you know that? And that's what I like the most about you..." He raises his hand as he tries to place it on my shoulder, a sardonic smile playing on his lips, but I quickly back away, and take a u-turn and start walking away from him. "You will pay for this.." I hear his voice behind me, making me scoff at his threat.

Clementia frowns examining my face that is red with anger, as I walk towards her. "Hey, you okay? What happened? What did he say? You look rather vexed.."

"Let's just get out of here first. Khristina might be waiting for us." I speak, ignoring her questioning gaze, as I start walking ahead of her, knowing that she is following me.