♣Chapter 41♣

Adiva's POV

It's friday today and I am not at all looking forward to this day. I don't like staying at home and doing nothing. Yesterday, I had a complete rest as per my husband's orders. I was so angry at him, cause he had ordered the women staff to keep a watch on me. I felt as if they were babysitting me. Nonetheless, I was happy at least the kids were with me. I had requested Maisie to bring them into our room and I thoroughly enjoyed their company as I played and painted with them while enjoying their cute blabbering.

My leg is absolutely fine by now, except the occasional throbbing in my ankle only if I accidentally put more pressure over it. Suddenly I remember, I do have a work to do. After offering my prayers, I walk towards my art room, the one which Zacharias gifted me. The kids were having their afternoon nap. I ask the staff to inform me when the kids wake up from their sleep, as I walk towards my art room.

I was already working on a painting, and I was half way done with it. Unlocking my art room, a smile forms on my lips, as soon as I am greeted with the smell of paints and canvas. I walk over my stool and start with my work.

I don't know how much time has passed as I was so absorbed in my own world. Only then I get out of my reverie, when I hear a knock on the door. "Please come in" I inform. It was Yelena. I smile at her.

"The kids are awake Adiva.." She informs, smiling back at me.

"Okay, I will be there in 10mins. I am just wrapping up."

She nods politely and leaves. Placing all my paints on their place, I clean the brushes before walking out of the room and locking it behind me.

There they are...my favorite babies. I walk towards them making my presence known. "Faiwy pwincess!!" Adrian squeals running towards me. I pick him up and place on my hip as I walk towards the squealing Irina who is raising her chubby arms, gesturing me to pick her up. "Oww...Woow..." She calls out to me.

"Coming darling..." I giggle, as I walk towards her and sit crossed legs on the floor. I make her sit on my one lap while placing Adrian on the other one.

"What are my babies doing?" I smile kissing them.

"Causing trouble as always to have food..." Annika pouts as she looks at them wearied. 

"Is that so?" I look at them amused.

They always throw a fit when having food.

"Let me handle" I say, turning towards Adrian.

"Adrian baby, don't you want to be a strong man like papa?" I speak to him gently.

He adorably nods his head, looking at me with his beautiful grey eyes.

"Then you should eat sweetheart, in order to be strong like papa and uncle zachy."

"But I am awweady stwong, see...." He says, flexing his tiny arms, making me chuckle at his adorableness and kiss his cheeks.

"Yes..Yes...But you need to be more strong, so you can protect your sister when you grow up. You are my little prince, right?" He quickly nods his head. "....Then princes need to be more strong to protect their loved ones...How about you have food and I will take you both out to play?"

He happily nods his head. Smiling at him, I take the bowl from Annika and start feeding both of them simultaneously.

After feeding and cleaning both of them, I decide to take them to the nearby park. I inform the staff, but they give me a disinclined look.

"Adiva, we are not allowed to take the kids outside the estate." Maisie speaks.

"But why? It's not like I am taking them too far, and if you want, one of you can accompany us, and I am sure one of the guards will also be following  us.."