♣Chapter 66♣

"You did a great job in dolling me up." Tina smiles satisfyingly as she gazes at her reflection in the mirror. "How are you so perfect at this job when I had hardly seen you in make up?" She murmurs, still beholding herself in the mirror. 

I shrug, smiling at her, "I don't apply make up that doesn't mean I can't do wonders on others skin."

"Showing attitude, are you" She nudges her shoulders playfully while we giggle.

It was the gala night today, celebrating the success of Ivanov brothers excelling in various fields. Tina and others had filled me in about how the whole business industry was invited for today's gala. It also presented an opportunity for the small ventures or the growing buds to introduce themselves and persuade others to invest in their companies. Clementia and Malcolm will be present too, being their parents businessmen. Malcolm had already been working in his father's company since he had turned seventeen, and was now a fully trained businessman, ready to takeover the reigns of his father's company.

We were done with our exams and were enjoying our leisure time that just started with being today.

Zacharias didn't tell me anything about the gala nor was I expecting him too. I know the real reason, but it still hurts to go to the success party of my own husband as a friend, but not his wife.

As though reading my thoughts, Khristina speaks, "I know how it feels to be introduced as a friend instead of my brother's wife and to bear silently watching all those women eye fucking your husband, yet you can't help but camouflage your feelings with a smile on your face." She eyes me sympathetically.

'You don't know how it feels for you have never gone through any of this. You are free to declare your ownership on the person you love. So, don't tell me how it feels when you have definitely never gone through that pain.'

I'm so close to snap out, but I control my raging pregnancy hormones and compose myself while exhaling a long deep breath and smile ruefully at her.

"It's okay, I am used to it by now." Instead, I reply.

She eyes me suspiciously, "What's going on between you and Zach? I've been noticing you from so many days now. Even Ana and the guys noticed the tensed air flowing between you two."

'And here I thought I was doing a great job in hiding my emotions effectively.'

I shake my head, plastering a smile on my face. But before I open my mouth to slip an excuse, she raises her hand, her palm facing me, "And please don't give me that exam excuse, we all know that you are a smart ass."

A giggle leaves my mouth at her words. "Nothing that concerns your little brain." I poke my finger at her forehead earning a scowl from her. "We are all good. It's just that he is busy with his work, and you too know how he gets when he puts his head into something that he has to accomplish."

"Yea....Yea I know. The brooding Zacharias....." She waves her hand in dismissal, causing me to chuckle at her comment.

"Enough of us now. You better get yourself in that dress. We don't have much time."

She smiles getting up from her vanity chair and pecks my cheek. "You are an angel."

"Yeah....Go now..." I snicker, pushing her into her walk in closet.

Within five minutes, she is out, wearing a sequin shouldered ankle length gown, with a slit reaching her thigh giving her a glamorous look. Wiggling her eyebrows, she twirls in front of me, "How do I look?"

"Gorgeous! I bet Alyosha will be having a difficult time in keeping his hands to himself for the whole evening and also to control his fists from punching the men who dare to even look at you. God help Alyosha, for he has to handle a difficult task today....Phew!!" I wipe the invisible sweat from my forehead with my forefinger shaking my head in a mocking concern.