♣Chapter 50♣

"Steven?" Khristina calls out to the blond guy standing in front of the university gate as we exit the premises. The guy turns towards us. "Oh my god! It's really you!" She squeals and jumps into his arms, erupting a chuckle from his lips, while she pulls away from him.

"Jesus! Where have you been? No messages, no phone calls, nothing. As if your existence was wiped out from the planet. I tried calling you so many times, even dropped messages and emails, but there was no response." Khristina complains.

"Calm down my friend" He snickers, holding her shoulders. "I went to London, to help dad in his business. As for not contacting you or receiving your calls, how could I, when that big boyfriend of yours had threatened to cut my balls if I dared to contact you. You forgot already the fight we had on the last day of our high school?"

A look of grimace passes her features, "How can I forget that day? We had a huge fight after you were threatened to leave. Anyways, how are you? And what brought you to NY? And how did you know where to find me?"

He chuckles, giving her an amused look, "You haven't changed much. Still the same, wanting to know everything at one go..." Tina giggles.

"To answer your questions, I am good. I came to NY a couple of days back to take care of some business deals. And as far as finding you is concerned, it doesn't take a genius to know that you will obviously be studying at your brother's university." 

"Lucky you, that you could find me today, or else I am not available for another week."

Frowning, he asks, "Why?"

Tina shrugs her shoulders, "Too busy with college projects."

"Oh"

"So? I must say, you've gotten quite handsome in these past few years. Any girl in your life?"

"Nah...I love my bachelorette life, and I pretty much enjoy playing the field, surrounded by pretty ladies."

"You did not change at all, did you?"

He clicks his tongue, then suddenly his eyes fall on me. He nudges his chin towards me. "Who is this pretty lady beside you?"

Turning her head towards me, she slaps her hand on her forehead, "Oh I am so sorry." Walking towards me, she places her hand on my shoulder, hugging me sideways, "Steven, meet my best friend, Adiva. and Adiva, this is Steven, a high school friend of mine."

"Hi" He greets smiling at me.

"Hello" I return the gesture, with a tight lipped smile.

Tilting his head towards Khristina, He speaks, "I never took you the one to have a best friend. You never trusted anyone back then. Now you do?" He has the audacity to say this, while I am still standing in front of them.

"Yeah cause I had my own reasons. Things change Steven, and so do people's choices." Khristina argues in a rather annoying tone.

"Hey, no offense, I was just curious. I am happy for you."

"None taken." She dismisses, waving her hand.

"Why don't we go and enjoy coffee at the corner while catching up on our lives?" He offers.

"Sure, why not?" she speaks shrugging her shoulders.

Pulling her aside, I whisper, "Tina, you go and enjoy, I'll be there waiting for you in the car."

Scowling at my opinion, she shakes her head, "No way young lady. I am not gonna leave you alone."

I sigh, "I am not alone Tina. Jackson is there with me in the car. I don't want to be third wheeling between you friends."