♣Chapter 73♣

It had been a fortnight since they began searching for the professor, yet he was nowhere to be found. It was as if the ground had swallowed him whole. Simultaneously, they were also searching for Kabir, but as soon as they got the lead, his traces were erased. It was as if both the bastards existence was wiped out from the surface of the earth.

Zacharias realized one thing, either they were too smart to out lead his army, or they were protected by his enemies. And Zach had a strong intuition on the latter one. It was impossible that Sullivan didn't knew about his wife's stalker, considering his nosy habits. If it was true than that meant he had got to an extra length in hiding them and was enjoying throwing bones while watching his men run around in circles.  Zacharias knew one thing though, Sullivan was planning something very big and was putting all his resources to accomplish his iniquitous plan. He had a gut feeling that whatever it was, it was going to be the worse one of all, and he would put all his strength in protecting his family at any cost whatsoever.

After meeting all the dead ends Zacharias decided to withdraw his search and instead planted his Special Task team to work on the search discreetly.

It had been the worst 15 days of his life. Every day, every second was a torture to go without seeing or hearing his wife's melodic voice. Zacharias was going berserk from missing her and yet failed to eradicate the threat looming around his wife's head. Khristina's wedding was just around the corner with hardly less than two weeks remain to oversee the preparations.

He was missing her so much that just to get a whiff of her scent, he walked into the art room. Her faint smell was still lingering in the air. Zacharias took a long breath and walked towards her paintings, some laid next to the wall and some still on the stand. But one of them was covered with a white cloth. He remembered this was the one that she did not wanted anyone to see. To feed his curiosity, he walked towards the covered painting and slowly pulled away the cover. Zach couldn't believe his eyes as he stared at his own reflection on the Canvas.The silhouette of a huge Falcon bird was drawn as the background with his complete image at the front.  Each beautiful stroke, every single detailed lines were covered in the painting. He couldn't help but trace his fingers over his image. His chest warmed with love and proud that he felt for his wife. It were the last two words that held everything. "My King...My Beloved" was written in bright and beautiful color. He couldn't believe his eyes she drew him.

The ringing of his phone brought him out of his reverie. A frown formed on his face as he saw the caller id. Doctor Martha? Nonetheless, he picked up the call.

"Hello Mr. Ivanov. I hope I did not disturb you. Actually I was trying to reach your wife but her  number has been showing unreachable. I just wanted to check up on her as to how she is holding up and also I did not get to say this, but anyways congratulations."

Zacharias was more perplexed by now. Taking a sharp intake of breath he inquired, "Congratulations? I don't think I get about what you are talking Dr. Martha. And what's wrong with the Adiva?"

"You don't know yet? I thought you knew. I was going to wish you the same day when I found out but I kind of got busy and it literally slipped out of my mind." She looked more puzzled and shocked from her voice.

"Dr Martha could you stop beating around the bush and tell me what's going on?" Zacharias was losing his temper.

He had the intake of her sharp breath, before she spoke. "Mrs Ivanov is pregnant with twins."

Zacarious felt as if his ears were ringing. "What?" he whispered wanting to confirm the truth.

"Mrs Ivanov is two and half months by far with twins."