♣Chapter 82♣

It was three in the morning and the fifteenth day, since Adiva had been in a coma. Zacharias had just closed his eyes to catch some sleep when he heard a whimper. He froze for a second. Then he felt his hand being pulled in a light squeeze, followed by a sob. He snapped his head and saw his wife's tear filled eyes. She was sobbing loudly now. One hand clutching her stomach while the other held his hand.

"What the?" He mumbled, but couldn't believe that his wife was finally awake. And she was crying.

"Adiva?" He quickly sat in front of her and cradled her face. "What happened love?" He searched her eyes desperately. "Are you in any kind of pain? Should I call the doctors?" He inquired.

Gripping the front of his shirt, she shook her head and cried tragically. "My babies...Zacharias. My babies..." She cried hysterically. "He...He..Killed m-my babies...." Zacharias encapsulated her in his arms, realization dawning on him.

"Shh... Relax love... Everything is alright... Cry no more." He tried soothing her, but her hysterics did not cease. Clutching her stomach, she cried in pain.

"I am sorry...I am so sorry. I tried so much to keep them safe, but I lost them. He took my babies from me."

"Shh... Nothing wrong happened love, they are safe..." He tried to explain, but only if she would listen through her painful cries.

While still holding her, Zacharias reached for the glass of water and forced her to drink it. Only when he was convinced that she drank the whole glass, did he gently picked her up in his arms and started walking. She did not question him, nor did she had any strength to. Instead she clung to him tightly. Her tears soaking his shirt.

"It's alright my angel, everything is alright." He carried her towards the cribs. "Look" He cocked  his head in the direction of the cribs.

 "Look" He cocked  his head in the direction of the cribs

Slowly, she raised her head and a gasp escaped her lips as soon as her eyes lay on the babies sleeping like angels

"They made it! Zacharias, they really made it." She squealed happily, leaning towards the cribs. "They are so small, but beautiful" She whispered, droplets of tears slipping through her eyes.